generator pests

onionbargee

Featured Posts

We ahd one of htese type of people on the mooring, he would regularyly leave one on while he went out for an evening! Still we had the last laugh, as it caught fire and was covered in canal water by his neighbour next door! I know it could have been much more serious, but hopefully he has learnt his lesson! His nickname is "limited interlect"

We ahd one of htese type of people on the mooring, he would regularyly leave one on while he went out for an evening! Still we had the last laugh, as it caught fire and was covered in canal water by his neighbour next door! I know it could have been much more serious, but hopefully he has learnt his lesson! His nickname is "limited interlect"

That's reading between the lines, is it? :rolleyes:

2012 nomination for generator pest of the year goes to wideboat "Gonzo" at Cowley lock, who consideratly runs a 6-8 kw air cooled Diesel under his back deck 9 pm to 5 am !

I would have thought doing that would be pretty noisy inside the boat too. How do they sleep unless of course they work nights and that is why it is on at those hours.

I would have thought doing that would be pretty noisy inside the boat too. How do they sleep unless of course they work nights and that is why it is on at those hours.

We're talking about Cowley. The rougher your lifestyle and your boat, the more respect you get from other boaters in this area. Conversely, if you have a nice looking boat, a quiet generator and an apparently respectable lifestyle, you will be despised.

Edited by blackrose

We're talking about Cowley. The rougher your lifestyle and your boat, the more respect you get from other boaters in this area. Conversely, if you have a nice looking boat, a quiet generator and an apparently respectable lifestyle, you will be despised.

Agreed.

i kept a boat at cowley some time ago,it was as you describe.

i arranged the mooring with BW not having seen it for 20 years.

we soon nicknamed it RODNEYTOWN!

Funny you should say that, lol. Spot on tho

Funny you should say that, lol. Spot on tho

The boaters also have an awfully refined command of the English language

:blush:

Cobblers

2012 nomination for generator pest of the year goes to wideboat "Gonzo" at Cowley lock, who consideratly runs a 6-8 kw air cooled Diesel under his back deck 9 pm to 5 am !

If you were up and about what does it matter.

Maybe he was trying to sleep?

Maybe he was , gnashing and grinding his teeth whilst seething with rage about a genny running would no doubt keep him awake , the hum and gentle throb of an engine or genny only feet away from my pillow does at times send me off to the land of nod in short time , coming from another boat i would most likely not notice or hear a genny running.

Maybe he was , gnashing and grinding his teeth whilst seething with rage about a genny running would no doubt keep him awake , the hum and gentle throb of an engine or genny only feet away from my pillow does at times send me off to the land of nod in short time , coming from another boat i would most likely not notice or hear a genny running.

It's described as an aircooled diesel. They can be very noisy, it's not a Honda petrol suitcase!

maybe you sleep more easily than some?

Tim