Very slim fenders

Water Rat.

Featured Posts

I know I have asked befor, but does anyone know who supplies the very very narrow pipe fenders? The ones with the rope running right through the middle.

I know Leo advised Cowroast, but I was there today and they did not have the ones I want. My neighbour has some but I have not seen him to ask. They are about 1" wide and 18" long.

For reasons Alan will be amused by, I now have a neighbour and space is tight. With Jade in being backed as I write I thought they would be a good idea.

Edited by Water Rat.

Thanks for the link - but they are too fat at 5.5cms. There is a thinner one available somewhere but I still can't find them. They have the rope threaded right the way through - not like the ones with eyes at the top which I have.

I will keep looking.

We sell them for £6ea or £30 for 6. We can post out.

Cheers, Brian

Thanks Brian

Are they the very thin ones - about and inch in diameter?

PM me your contact number and I will give you a call.

Tradline do pipe fenders with the rope through the middle http://www.tradline.co.uk/

Whenever anyone posts a link to that Tradline site, if I click any of the links on the left hand-side it produces something like.....

Not Found

The requested URL /tradline/PDF\Fends.pdf was not found on this server.

An I the only person who can't actually see what Tradline sell, or does it happen to others, please ?

(Using FirefoX).

Whenever anyone posts a link to that Tradline site, if I click any of the links on the left hand-side it produces something like.....

An I the only person who can't actually see what Tradline sell, or does it happen to others, please ?

(Using FirefoX).

Works okay on Chrome.

I'll just blow the dust off Firefox and have a go.

Doesn't work on Firefox, for me, either.

• Greenie 1

Thanks Brian

Are they the very thin ones - about and inch in diameter?

PM me your contact number and I will give you a call.

I've sent you a PM with my number.

Ours are about 45mm dia / 1 &3/4" with 8mm rope right through the centre.

Cheers, Brian

(Using FirefoX).

It is the mix of back slashes and forward slashes which Firefox objects to.

References to the pdf files are used like below which Firefox takes exactly as directed.

href="PDF\Fends.pdf"

Hover over the link to check it out.

I would have thought on your mooring that you might protect yours and the boat next door's blacking rather better by hanging a length of thick rope between the two, (in a long run, dangling between two fender eyes), rather than by trying to squeeze in very narrow fenders.

The very narrow pipe fenders tend to be very hard anyway, so if there is movement, they scuff up the blacking quite badly.

It is the mix of back slashes and forward slashes which Firefox objects to.

References to the pdf files are used like below which Firefox takes exactly as directed.

href="PDF\Fends.pdf"

Hover over the link to check it out.

Here is firefox friendly link to Tradline

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that comment Alan. I have not managed to track any down, despite actually buying 'them' from Aspley. When they turned up they were the horrid hollow ones which I have anyway.

I think your idea of just using rope will do the trick and save my nice new blacking - that is when I actually get the boat back which will probably be another week. How I love Halloween - face paint anyone?!!

How about these ... they're desribed as 30mm diameter ... only 5mm bigger than you said you're after ?

http://www.sidehatch.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=109

Oooo ... yes I'd love a face paint please .. you should do a grown-ups only session .... can I be frankenstein please ?

Edited by Graham!

Easy Solution - Make your own!!!!!

Get some polypropylene rope - say 14mm

Start with an eye splice at one end.

Measure from the top of the eye splice along the rope to give the length of fender you want(wrap with electrical insulation tape at this point) Measure back from the tape to the bottom of the eye splice and add 50%(ie 12 inches becomes 18 inches). Measure along the rope below the insulation tape for 18 inches and cut the rope. Unravel to the insulation tape and make a crown knot. Then back splice as far as the eyes splice.

It is really quite easy and very cheap. How to eye splice and back splice is on the internet. 14 mm rope will give fenders about 30mm wide. By varying the rope diameter you can create fenders of any diameter and tailor make them to exact lengths.

Give it a try - been doing it for years.

Regards

Vic