Wowoow ... she's mine, all mine....

Featured Posts

Today I have spend the first day on my new boat. It is not much yet, there is lots of cleaning up to do, but I have a sleeping bag and a kettle. My 3 dongle even gets me online. What more could a man possibly want?

CopyofHoG015.jpg

CopyofHoG020.jpg

DSCF5516.jpg

DSCF5517.jpg

DSCF5518.jpg

Riveted iron boat which is originaly from 1897 (sadly the copy of the gauging document was lost in the fire), at some time converted to a pleasure boat by the addition of a steel stern (on which I'm am currently sat, comfortably, enjoying a beer... :lol: ). Engine room with a Lister SR3 with a Parsons gearbox. Speedwheel and huuuge handle for the gear change... :lol:

Happy days...

Well done!

A word of advice, after learning the very expensive way over 30 years ago.....

On a Parsons mechanical box, check very carefully how the gear selection is working. Once it is in forwards, neutral or reverse, the gear linkages should not be causing the selector to be held in any position that it wouldn't naturally stay in, were there no linkage connected.

If the arrangements end up (for example) weighting the lever at the end of it's travel, the resulting bill could be considerable, even assuming spares can be found.

Treated correctly though, they (and that engine) are fairly bullet-proof, and should serve you well.

Enjoy!

Well done!

A word of advice, after learning the very expensive way over 30 years ago.....

On a Parsons mechanical box, check very carefully how the gear selection is working. Once it is in forwards, neutral or reverse, the gear linkages should not be causing the selector to be held in any position that it wouldn't naturally stay in, were there no linkage connected.

If the arrangements end up (for example) weighting the lever at the end of it's travel, the resulting bill could be considerable, even assuming spares can be found.

Treated correctly though, they (and that engine) are fairly bullet-proof, and should serve you well.

Enjoy!

Thanks Alan, the lever to move the actual gear lever is connected with a very 'loose' hinged connection, so I take it that that has been taken care off. I'll make sure to double check though, when I first move her.

Today I have spend the first day on my new boat. It is not much yet, there is lots of cleaning up to do, but I have a sleeping bag and a kettle. My 3 dongle even gets me online. What more could a man possibly want?

CopyofHoG015.jpg

CopyofHoG020.jpg

DSCF5516.jpg

DSCF5517.jpg

DSCF5518.jpg

Riveted iron boat which is originaly from 1897 (sadly the copy of the gauging document was lost in the fire), at some time converted to a pleasure boat by the addition of a steel stern (on which I'm am currently sat, comfortably, enjoying a beer... :lol: ). Engine room with a Lister SR3 with a Parsons gearbox. Speedwheel and huuuge handle for the gear change... :lol:

Happy days...

nice one. hope all go's well .bob :lol:

Happy days...

Well, congratulations on becoming a boat owner. There really is nothing like it, although it can be a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Do you have a mooring arranged, if so, whereabouts?

Richard

Do you know the BCN number?

No, unfortunately I don't, but I'm hoping to find out more of her history if I can.

Hi

Well done - she should become a very nice boat. :lol:

Is that the dry dock in Stone??

Alex

It is indeed, but she is not in the dry dock at the moment. She will be soon though, to add a few more patches to the hull, as well as a fresh coat of blacking.

Well done, Youve got a bargain by the looks of it, You must be well pleased :lol:

I don't know about bargain, the spending is only just starting...lol But I am very pleased, yes.

Well, congratulations on becoming a boat owner. There really is nothing like it, although it can be a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Do you have a mooring arranged, if so, whereabouts?

Richard

A mooring is arranged close to home. But she will spend most of her time up and down the K&A, rather than langhising in a marina.

(snipped) . . . but I have a sleeping bag and a kettle. My 3 dongle even gets me online. What more could a man possibly want?

Apart from a primus and fuel for same - deep pockets! :lol:

Seriously, enjoy the experience. Don't try and go all super perfect with gadgetry and fancy stuff, work with what you have and make it sloppy comfortable. Most of all spend as much time as you can on all the small things that do eventually make the whole a complete experience in itself. Boating's fine, but working on, and just being on the boat can be equally - if not more rewarding at times. Save the comfy chair till last - it'll rob your life away, and help get nothing done!!

Best of experiences - Derek

Electrical fault started a fire aboard one boat that spread to adjoining at Stone, Staffs. Short report.

A local helped release and split boats up preventing further damage before the Brigade got into action, according to some.

Derek

EDIT: Bit MORE

Edited by Derek R.

Electrical fault started a fire aboard one boat that spread to adjoining at Stone, Staffs. Short report.

A local helped release and split boats up preventing further damage before the Brigade got into action, according to some.

Derek

EDIT: Bit MORE

Thats makes for intesting reading.

Thanks