Interesting boat

Ray T

Featured Posts

A Bouy from the Humber? I can imagine a number of these items used to support a temporary Bailey bridge.

When does the desire to be different cross over into stupidity? Pseudo paddle boats with stain glass windows and multi-coloured liveries can be amusing, and some of the craft along by the farm above Batchworth are quaintly attractive, but that just has no apparent purpose - other than a use for an acetylene torch.

Derek

Awww, it's good to see it floating - a lot of hard work has gone into it...

It's been parked next to our project boat on hardstanding at Blue Lias for the last year, and was relaunched about two weeks ago. A lovely couple worked on it, and put some serious hours in with the welder improving the hull condition.

I did once ask what it was, but didn't quite catch the answer, and was too proud to ask again! :lol:

PC

Edited to add, it *is* one half of something - they come in pairs, I remember that much...

Edited by paulcatchpole

It's been parked next to our project boat on hardstanding at Blue Lias for the last year, and was relaunched about two weeks ago. A lovely couple worked on it, and put some serious hours in with the welder improving the hull condition.

Woops - just as-well I didn't post my thoughts which were that it was some sort of floating skip that BW had commissioned....

(oh hang on I just did!!)

I did once ask what it was, but didn't quite catch the answer, and was too proud to ask again! :lol:

PC

Edited to add, it *is* one half of something - they come in pairs, I remember that much...

Right, you're closest to knowing about this. Your are duty bound as a member of the forum to ask about this. People need to know!

Richard

Woops - just as-well I didn't post my thoughts which were that it was some sort of floating skip that BW had commissioned....

(oh hang on I just did!!)

It looks to me like its original intention was to be the other way up, as a cover for some sort of military equipment and someone looked at it and thought it might float, which was right.

I imagine that with this sort of vessel, assuming it is powered, one finds one has the right of way at bridgeholes :lol:

actually, maybe it is a push tug of some sort.

PC

There are more.... :lol:

I agree with Wanted, I too like this. It's missing the turrets though... (canoe of the port bow, distance 60 yards, increasing. B turret engage at will. )

saw it passing kingswood junction today.

owner said (part of it at least) was a 10ft beam blisworth tunnel tug.

actually looking at the pics again no

what i saw was similar except i think the bow was slanted back (but with a similar front profile)

i thought it was an icebreaker which would lift the ice clear of the water and break it over its bow.

Edited by Baloo

what i saw was similar except i think the bow was slanted back (but with a similar front profile)

i thought it was an icebreaker which would lift the ice clear of the water and break it over its bow.

We're at Kingswood, and AFAIK, it's still down at Stockton - not sure what you've seen up here though, no sign of big black things that won't go under bridges... ?

PC

Well here's a Blisworth Tunnel Tug replica (courtesy of Mr Fincher, once again):

BoatPilot.jpg

Which bit reminds you of the Stockton boat?