Gibbo

nb Innisfree

Featured Posts

Is it me or has any body noticed inaccuracies and/or inaccurate statements creeping in since Gibbo's absence? He used to nip in the bud any untruths or half truths regarding electrics and imposed a sort of discipline.

What absence, he was here posting on the 27th Jan ?

Is it me or has any body noticed inaccuracies and/or inaccurate statements creeping in since Gibbo's absence? He used to nip in the bud any untruths or half truths regarding electrics and imposed a sort of discipline.

Ah, but when he was posting, so was Chris W - regularly pointing out what he perceived as errors in some of Gibbo's arguments or calculations!...............

An era that has now passed, it seems!

no but i woodnot no a lecky inaccuracie if i fell over one . so we do need him. long live Gibbo .bob :lol:

This because you disagreed with sueanddaren on the batteries thread?

....and what is this Gibbo as god stuff? He may be bloody good at his job and have a large bank of knowledge but that doesn't give him 100% authority on everything.

Every technical problem or question has a range of answers where the optimum is on a graph that one picks ones own 'best fit' based on parameters such as price, time, effort, diminishing returns etc.

sueanddaren's answer was literally right, whether it is the 'best fit' to the issue in question is a matter for (your) individual judgement.

Is it me or has any body noticed inaccuracies and/or inaccurate statements creeping in since Gibbo's absence?

Indeed, I just sit here saying nothing and wait for the wailing when it all goes horribly wrong when someone follows bad advice.

Ah, but when he was posting, so was Chris W - regularly pointing out what he perceived as errors in some of Gibbo's arguments or calculations!...............

An era that has now passed, it seems!

Soo are they one & the same persons :lol: Has he/they gone outside & had a word with themselves :lol:

The lack of an electrical deity means that people occasionally get it wrong - isn't that want forums are about ?

....and what is this Gibbo as god stuff? He may be bloody good at his job and have a large bank of knowledge but that doesn't give him 100% authority on everything.

Every technical problem or question has a range of answers where the optimum is on a graph that one picks ones own 'best fit' based on parameters such as price, time, effort, diminishing returns etc.

sueanddaren's answer was literally right, whether it is the 'best fit' to the issue in question is a matter for (your) individual judgement.

Have to admit, im with Chris Pink and Willawaw on this one. First time for everything.

Daniel

Yes sueanddarren's answer did prompt me to start this topic but not just because they disagreed with me (tho their dismissive reply did play a part)

Gibbo a god? no I don't think so, in fact I had an issue with his apparent attitude, but his knowledge and experience is the best as far as I am concerned.

sueanddarrens claim that an automotive battery will take 200 x 100% discharges may be theoretically correct but not in the real world.

As for a range of answers and whether it is the 'best fit' I think Gibbo addresses that in his website and in his forum contributions.

As Gibbo's signature says: He is now just an employee and working hard for his new masters.

I expect they want a lot, keep an eye on Merlin when new gauges etc. appear you can bet Gibbo is behind it.

He may not be a God, but I certainly miss Gibbo's advice on electrical matters. All I can say is that if it had not been for his advice and the advice of Sir Snibble, I may still have not sorted out my intermittent non-charging problem.

I second that ,

I was placed in a very awkward position with my redundancy 12 months ago, and ascertaining Old Friends CC capabilities electrically were assisited greatly by Gibbo's ongoing advice to lots of forum queries by everyone, and a couple of PM's directly related to my boats set up.

Perhaps as a skilled employee, he is now finding more quality time to spend his money............

or perhaps his batteries are knackered and he can't power his laptop. :lol:

snipped

Gibbo a god? no I don't think so, in fact I had an issue with his apparent attitude, but his knowledge and experience is the best as far as I am concerned.

I for one would rather have his presence here and his knowledge than not and I think the forum is poorer for his reduced recent contributions. Also he livened up some debates in his own inimitable way. :lol:

Roger

I for one would rather have his presence here and his knowledge than not and I think the forum is poorer for his reduced recent contributions. Also he livened up some debates in his own inimitable way. :lol:

Roger

Agree with this sentiment 100% :lol:

Chris is a very clever guy, but I'm sure he has a life - nothing stays the same for ever; things and circumstances change.

The electrical debates, however, tend to be rather, er.. repetitive ?

Edited by NB Willawaw