Revolution Laundry

LadyG

Featured Posts

So, this seems ideal for the boater, 24/7 card operated laundry. This one at Morissons, Elland, other locations  are available.

I've now got 18kg of wet clothes to deal with,, not the first time so I know i will get a refund. 

PS the cats paw prints are still imprinted on my best white cotton sheets, maiow.

Not a great day  as the lock ahead is now closed, for some time, grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I need to do 180, a boat moored up in the basin says he can turn round  quite easily,  cant understand my difficulty.?

He is three feet shorter than me , but I don't explain.

He's agreed to haul his boat out of the way tomorrow, 09.00

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

So, this seems ideal for the boater, 24/7 card operated laundry. This one at Morissons, Elland, other locations  are available.

I've now got 18kg of wet clothes to deal with,, not the first time so I know i will get a refund. 

PS the cats paw prints are still imprinted on my best white cotton sheets, maiow.

I need to do 180, a boat moored up in the basin says he can turn round  quite easily,  cant understand my difficulty.?

He is three feet shorter than me , but I don't explain.

He's agreed to haul his boat out of the way tomorrow, 09.00

Red or White?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

I don't know how you manage to plan all these 'O dear, the lock ahead is broken and I cannot turn around, I'll have to stay here for months (again)'

Your record is impressive - you must have an almost 100% success rate.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't know how you manage to plan all these 'O dear, the lock ahead is broken and I cannot turn around, I'll have to stay here for months (again)'

Your record is impressive - you must have an almost 100% success rate.

Same with the laundry facilities.

Pretty sure this isn't the first Revolution she has found "not working" :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Same with the laundry facilities.

Pretty sure this isn't the first Revolution she has found "not working" :rolleyes:

Indeed, however, they don't have the excuse of trying to fix a 250 year old infrastructure.

6 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Maybe you should put all this in the “Living Afloat” section, so you can tell the Newbie’s what’s it really like to live full time as a Continuous Cruiser.

It would certainly put a few off :lol:

Give my regards to Elland Basin, i half drowned in there doing my canoeing badge with Scouts back in the day :( 

Also spaffed half my wages in the local hostelries when i had a summer job between college and Uni at a print finishers there :D 

2 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

Give my regards to Elland Basin, i half drowned in there doing my canoeing badge with Scouts back in the day :( 

Also spaffed half my wages in the local hostelries when i had a summer job between college and Uni at a print finishers there :D 

I managed to turn round with assistance from another boater, (he had to get up at 09.00 to shift his boat, lol), and calm conditions, now in the forest, heating on, againl

9 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

It would certainly put a few off :lol:

But she gives fairly honest view, be it sometimes a little puzzling? she highlights that it doesn’t all go to plan and can be a little difficult for those getting on in life🤭

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth
  • Greenie 4

34 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

But she gives fairly honest view, be it sometimes a little puzzling? she highlights that it doesn’t all go to plan and can be a little difficult for those getting on in life🤭

perhaps it’s time LadyG started YouTubeing and gave Ronnie Cummins a run for his money 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

At the moment the title of mine’d be “crap expensive pub after crap expensive pub down South”

However they do know how to fill a pint to the top! 🥴

No cobs!

£5.90 for a pint of Hobgoblin IPA at the Waters Edge, Cowley.

Absolutely full to the top of the glass ... had to drink some to pick the glass up.

The beer was good but would have been better with the sparkler on to give it a bit of a head.

Must admit I prefer a pint with a head but we're heading north now  🍺

Rog

• Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

I’m sure we passed last week as I left Paddington. 
I was lazily day dreaming not expecting to see anyone. 

I’m Uxbridge heading back to Cowley tomorrow before going back to London. 
I guess we’ll cross again 😃

the Malt Shovel Inn is ok. 

Indeed you did ... we did say hello as we passed.

We're Cowley heading north so will say hello again.

Malt Shovell is okay ... the Waters Edge not so great in my view.

Rog

• Happy 1