Bookable moorings in London

Featured Posts

Anyone used them or anyone have local knowledge about them?

I’m thinking about the eco-moorings at King’s Cross in particular, so I can plug in. 

2 things I wonder about;

1) access to electricity, how simple is it ? The booking system gives the details once you’ve booked and paid. I don’t want to book and then find it’s going to be a drag/faff getting electric. 
2) and of course what happens if someone is occupying my space who ain’t booked in? I’m sure they’d simply move on request (I’ve only been greeted with friendliness so far)

I guess a walk/bus trip in advance to get the lay of the land might prove worthwhile but meantime any thoughts/comments would be welcome 👍

Electricity is fairly easy.  Set up an account on the metermacs website (link given in the booking confirmation email, only gotcha is it's different to your standard mooring metermacs account - you can't use that one and have to setup another) and put some credit on it.  Then when you plug in, note the post and socket numbers, and activate the supply on the website.

It's going to be incredibly unlikely that your space won't be available for you since it costs £35 /night...  Having moored there back when it was free - a phone call to CRT had someone along within the hour to check for miscreants and move them on.

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, DaveP said:

Electricity is fairly easy.  Set up an account on the metermacs website (link given in the booking confirmation email, only gotcha is it's different to your standard mooring metermacs account - you can't use that one and have to setup another) and put some credit on it.  Then when you plug in, note the post and socket numbers, and activate the supply on the website.

It's going to be incredibly unlikely that your space won't be available for you since it costs £35 /night...  Having moored there back when it was free - a phone call to CRT had someone along within the hour to check for miscreants and move them on.

Cheers for that,

yes £35 a night/day is 

not something I would normally want to pay for various reasons,

but I’m thinking of trading,

so the cost might prove to be a small overhead 🤷‍♀️ and as a bonus the batteries could do with a proper good charge. 

I guess it’s a case of try it and see. When I came through it looked very very busy with footfall.  

There is one mooring at The London Canal Museum at Battlebridge Basin - bookable and when we used it two years ago, included free electric hook-up

2 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

There is one mooring at The London Canal Museum at Battlebridge Basin - bookable and when we used it two years ago, included free electric hook-up

But no footfall

52 minutes ago, DaveP said:

It's going to be incredibly unlikely that your space won't be available for you since it costs £35 /night...   

Do you think the squatters would be paying.  

One thing to bear in mind (that we found out when we used the moorings last year) the numbering on the bollards has very little in common with the numbers on the app. You have to study long and hard to make sure you’re not activating a bollard the other end of the moorings to where you are. 

2 minutes ago, Moke said:

One thing to bear in mind (that we found out when we used the moorings last year) the numbering on the bollards has very little in common with the numbers on the app. You have to study long and hard to make sure you’re not activating a bollard the other end of the moorings to where you are. 

thanks for that 👍

that’s very much the info I need,

CRT imply you can book and moor anywhere within the zones of either the Colebrooke or Trinity stretch. 
And double mooring is permitted this time of year. 

44 minutes ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

no, I don’t suppose there is, but somewhere perhaps to think about for a day off and a mooch about town, when it rains and rains and rains and…

😃

I think normally only overnight 

2 hours ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

but I’m thinking of trading,

No trading allowed - T&C's "4.5 You are not permitted to carry out trading at a Pre-Booked Visitor Mooring Site."

2 hours ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

no, I don’t suppose there is, but somewhere perhaps to think about for a day off and a mooch about town, when it rains and rains and rains and…

😃

You can't stay moored there whilst the museum is open unless you are actually visiting the museum. I think the mooring is only available from 4pm to 8am.

1 minute ago, DaveP said:

No trading allowed - T&C's "4.5 You are not permitted to carry out trading at a Pre-Booked Visitor Mooring Site."

Im gonna pretend I never read that,

ffs,

another idea bites the dust!

stuff it I’ll find another mooring where CRT won’t get a penny then,

1 minute ago, Alway Swilby said:

You can't stay moored there whilst the museum is open unless you are actually visiting the museum. I think the mooring is only available from 4pm to 8am.

4pm onwards is time enough for a pint

2 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

We stayed there last year. Very nice and cheap but we couldn’t stay during the day as their trip boat used the jetty 

It’s great as a stopover en route to Limehouse

5 minutes ago, Peugeot 106 said:

We stayed there last year. Very nice and cheap but we couldn’t stay during the day as their trip boat used the jetty 

It’s great as a stopover en route to Limehouse

There used to be one day that the museum wasn't open so you could book 2 days.

20 hours ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

😃

The London Canal museum moorings are generally overnight only, not for daytime use:

https://www.canalmuseum.mobi/mooring.htm