Voting your own posts up.

Go to solution Solved by Chris Lowe,

Featured Posts

Just noticed the ability to react to ones own posts including voting them up with a 'greenie' seems to have made a return.

This was disabled a while ago so I'm presuming it's returned as part of a recent update.

Seems daft.

2 hours ago, M_JG said:

Just noticed the ability to react to ones own posts including voting them up with a 'greenie' seems to have made a return.

This was disabled a while ago so I'm presuming it's returned as part of a recent update.

Seems daft.

I didn't spot that. Agreed it seems a bit daft. It'd be a strange thing to do, but then there's strange folk around!

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, M_JG said:

Seems daft.

How can this possibly matter?

• Greenie 2

6 hours ago, frahkn said:

How can this possibly matter?

In the big scheme of things it doesn't. It's just an observation about something that existed previously that was previously removed. However it clearly mattered enough for you to comment.

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

The greenies thing is a nonsense anyway. A year or three ago I found there was a score board thingy for them. The highest numbers are by people on the politics section so not even boating related.

Not only not boat related, but posts in that section do not increase your post count. A person can be at the top of the board with 150 likes and only ever made 100 posts. 

Edited by rusty69
  • Horror 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Not only not boat related, but posts in that section do not increase your post count. A person can be at the top of the board with 150 likes and only ever made 100 posts. 

It's quite telling. Most of the participants in that section have post counts in their thousands, meaning they regularly participate in other sections of the forum but one poster in particular has a post count of 666 despite the fact they seem to spend most of their life on Canalworld and must make up to 40 or 50 posts per day (in the politics section). Another has just over a thousand posts yet seems to spend the vast majority of the time posting there too.

I suppose it matters to some but I’ve never really cared what emoji reaction my posts get I’m only here for the info.  Likewise the ‘scores’ and ‘ranking’.  

Mind you it’s the first forum I’ve ever used where there’s an ‘unimpressed’ emoji. 
😂😂😂

I will from now on by liking all my own posts though.  👍😂

@Rusty69   A master of comic timing. 😂

• Unimpressed 2

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

The greenies thing is a nonsense anyway. A year or three ago I found there was a score board thingy for them. The highest numbers are by people on the politics section so not even boating related.

Click on ''All Activity'' and then Leader board.

5 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

I dont believe 99% of mine are in the Politics section thankyou.😝

6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

According to my profile I have 11,400 greenies, and I hardly ever spout off in the Politics section! 

1 minute ago, Chris Lowe said:

You have a seriously large post count as well.

Not sure how that happened. 

The only truly worthwhile metric in my opinion is the greenies-to-posts ratio (excluding politics posts and greenies). Mine is pretty low really. 

19 minutes ago, MtB said:

Not sure how that happened. 

The only truly worthwhile metric in my opinion is the greenies-to-posts ratio (excluding politics posts and greenies). Mine is pretty low really. 

Maybe it's just living on a boat & boredom, I'm in here a lot living in a flat on my own, as the TV is shite

36 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Since it's easy to see who has given a greenie, it's easy to see when a narcissistic loser has voted for his own post. That's on the assumption that somebody even cares, and actually bothers to look.

Depends who it is.

I can see some would do it for a joke but I can think of a couple not very bright narcissistic losers who would do it not realising everybody could see that they had.

Just now, M_JG said:

Depends who it is.

I can see some would do it for a joke but I can think of a couple not very bright narcissistic losers who would do it not realising everybody could see that they had.

I am not a loser. I just ain't a winner.

• Horror 1
  • Angry 1