George ward eviction taking place

kris88

Featured Posts

With all the publicity this has generated, CRT are going to have to find a way to get rid of unmoving and unlicenced boats with people living on them, or it's going to snowball. As I understand it, it's been their choice to go for a court order in those circs, but presumably they could just tow the thing away with the owner on board if they wished. The only purpose of the order as far as I can see is that the bloke is in contempt of court if he doesn't leave, and so liable to arrest, but that didn't work yesterday.

• Greenie 2

One wonders how many others would be willing to go unlicenced and never move. It is a bit risky and always best to ensure ones boat is working in case a quick relocation proves to be desirable. 

I read somewhere that about ten yars ago the CRT were trying to get £76k. Presumably this has increased since then. One does wonder just how much money the CRT have spent on this. 

Probably enough for a pension!

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Easy enough to put it through the fire if there is enough coal or wood. Ash lined wok. 

Now I know you are talking from experience. 

12 minutes ago, magnetman said:

One wonders how many others would be willing to go unlicenced and never move. It is a bit risky and always best to ensure ones boat is working in case a quick relocation proves to be desirable. 

I read somewhere that about ten yars ago the CRT were trying to get £76k. Presumably this has increased since then. One does wonder just how much money the CRT have spent on this. 

Probably enough for a pension!

They seem to have forgot about the £76000, this is just one of the many threats that they use. It works with people who have assets to lose. I wonder if they are still chasing Tony for monies owed? 

It seems it’s a slow news day in Wiltshire. The Wiltshire times is looking here for news. They must b desperate. 
The Canal World Discussion Forum is also debating the Trust's powers under the Court Order it obtained at the Bristol Court on January 23. You’d think they would want to talk to the “canal boating expert.” On thunderboat. As he’s not allowed on this forum. 

Edited by kris88
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I see Arthbur's last post has been quoted verbatim with no mention of CWDF.

Interestingly no mention is made of Thunderboat, I can't imagine why not.

You mean this one ?

Arthur Marshall, from Macclesfield, says: "With all the publicity this has generated, CRT are going to have to find a way to get rid of unmoving and unlicenced boats with people living on them, or it's going to snowball.

"As I understand it, it's been their choice to go for a court order in those circs, but presumably they could just tow the thing away with the owner on board if they wished.

"The only purpose of the order as far as I can see is that the bloke is in contempt of court if he doesn't leave, and so liable to arrest, but that didn't work yesterday."

And :

The Canal World Discussion Forum is also debating the Trust's powers under the Court Order it obtained at the Bristol Court on January 23.

One person says: "Assuming a "standard court order":

- the court order would not require George to vacate. Thus the issue of failing to comply would not arise.

- the court order does not give CRT the power to seize the boat for being unlicenced. They already have that power (even if they have refused an application).

"The court order only relates to removing the boat from CRT waters, it's not about eviction of a boater from their boat.

"It's about the removal of the boat from CRT's waterways. 2nd part I agree, in that they don't need the power being given in the court order, because they already have it.

"I believe CRT obtain a court order for liveaboards so other laws (not just the one that already gives them a power to seize) are duly considered, eg. HRA, Equalities Act, etc."

At least they have put a link to the thread running on CWDF

38 minutes ago, Jerra said:

We have mostly migrated to the unstable bar after Tony and others had a meltdown 

13 minutes ago, peterboat said:

We have mostly migrated to the unstable bar after Tony and others had a meltdown 

More exclusive than a London 'gentlemans' club....

2 hours ago, Jerra said:

I'll send them an invoice. What's journalist rates these days?

Half the newspapers are made up of Twitter feeds these days. No wonder ignorance is on the rise.