Toilet questions

squid

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Jon57 said:

Need one of your old ice cream van machines installing in the bathroom. Shit in that then create nicely formed shitettes for the stove.🤣🤣🤣

I’m not sure the rotary pumps would cope, especially on the twin machines. 

Just now, Goliath said:

And of course your gonna freeze the pop, so not sure about this one. 

1 minute ago, magnetman said:

Did I mention the summer version?

shit in the kettle?

5 minutes ago, Goliath said:

And of course your gonna freeze the pop, so not sure about this one. 

shit in the kettle?

No it is the instant freeze "out of shite out of mind" gps guided frozen solid waste cannon. All that extra solar power in summer needs using and there are always some irritating people "just out of sight" who need sorting. Maybe someone running a generator. 

Free smartphone app with Google maps overlay. 

Edited by magnetman

1 minute ago, magnetman said:

No it is the instant freeze "out of shite out if mind" gps guided frozen solid waste cannon. All that extra solar power in summer needs using and there are always some irritating people "just out of sight" who need sorting. Maybe someone running a generator. 

Free smartphone app. 

And maggot drowners 👍

3 minutes ago, magnetman said:

No it is the instant freeze "out of shite out of mind" gps guided frozen solid waste cannon. All that extra solar power in summer needs using and there are always some irritating people "just out of sight" who need sorting. Maybe someone running a generator. 

Free smartphone app with Google maps overlay. 

How about a drone drop off?

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

How about a drone drop off?

Not as convenient. Nobody likes the transfer. The great thing with the mortar tube arrangement is it is all automated and requires very few alterations to routines. 

7 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Not as convenient. Nobody likes the transfer. The great thing with the mortar tube arrangement is it is all automated and requires very few alterations to routines. 

You gonna put navigation lights on it ?

😃😃

I hope so, means I know which side to stand to get outta the way (if someone points out the red and green side to me) on an incoming. 
👍

Edited by Goliath

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

You gonna put navigation lights on it ?

😃😃

I hope so, means I know which side to stand to get outta the way (if someone points out the red and green side to me) on an incoming. 
👍

No just a tunnel light. Note not LED.

2 minutes ago, Ianws said:

I feel sorry for the original poster. It was their first post and I can imagine they might be wondering if they a responsible for opening Pandora's box. 

They will be wondering if the Pandora’s box is for the compost possibly. 

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

I saw a boat once with lots of large transparent yogurt pots full of what appeared to be compost on the stern deck. It was a wide beam. 

The storage issue does seem relevant with these sorts of arrangements. It seems probable that after a while people would become upset with this and seek alternative solutions. 

I heard someone say they were going to try composting on the boat using something called a 'Hotbox' (a small composter bin), but I think they had a widebeam, and tbh I've no idea if its actually feasible.

1 hour ago, Ianws said:

I feel sorry for the original poster. It was their first post and I can imagine they might be wondering if they a responsible for opening Pandora's box. 

They made the critical error of not searching the forum first for posts/threads on their subject.

Understandable, but they would have found perhaps 1000+ posts dissecting the subject in infinite detail and then prolly never posted! 

I reckon the principle of keeping things simple applies here, the further away from a galvanised bucket with a wooden seat and a bottle of Elsan blue you get the more likely it is to go horribly wrong. 

When the little boys have stopped being disgusting can the OP have some sensible advice please?

I would suggest fix the pump out and buy or make up your own pump out kit, hose and pump, manual or electric, then you can pump out for free at any Elsan point or any lavatory (with care) or even into a foul inspection chamber. I very rarely pay for a pump out, only if it is very convenient and I feel lazy.

44 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

When the little boys have stopped being disgusting can the OP have some sensible advice please?

I would suggest fix the pump out and buy or make up your own pump out kit, hose and pump, manual or electric, then you can pump out for free at any Elsan point or any lavatory (with care) or even into a foul inspection chamber. I very rarely pay for a pump out, only if it is very convenient and I feel lazy.

Yes.....I was about to day this thread has gone to S**t but decided against it.

In addition to my advice at the beginning of the thread I'd also recommend to @squid that you live with the toilet you've got for a while and see how you find it. The fault with the OP's toilet is likely to be a fairly cheap fix. 

1 minute ago, booke23 said:

Yes.....I was about to day this thread has gone to S**t but decided against it.

In addition to my advice at the beginning of the thread I'd also recommend to @squid that you live with the toilet you've got for a while and see how you find it. The fault with the OP's toilet is likely to be a fairly cheap fix. 

And if he told us what type and make it is, plus the symptoms, he might be told exactly how to fix it. For a start I very much doubt its a dump through so we can guess it requires electricity, so possibly an easy fix like a blown fuse or a switch somewhere turned off. May well be scale jambing a maccerater rotor so  another fairly easy fix

18 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I think a good number of compost toilet owners don't compost and got a bit annoyed when CRT said they couldn't bag it and bin it.

Yep, as most people do not have a garden with three composting bins they really have no concept. In my gardening days one customer, intelligent lady bought a plastic bin which would have been fine for storing coal. I tried my best, but it remained stoic, full of sticks, leaves, grass cuttings without doing anything that resembled composting. In my experience the only system for gardeners is a three bin three year construction.

In my farming/gardening days I also had access to horse manure, this helps, but when I tried to turn my horse manure in to garden compost heap in to garden compost I had to spend an hour or so per week forking it over. Trying to compost human excrement is a non starter as far as I am concerned, and disgusting.

18 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I think a good number of compost toilet owners don't compost and got a bit annoyed when CRT said they couldn't bag it and bin it.

Yep, as most people do not have a garden with three composting bins they really have no concept.

In my gardening days one customer, intelligent lady bought a plastic bin which would have been fine for storing coal. I tried my best, but it remained stoic, full of sticks, leaves, grass cuttings without doing anything that resembled composting. In my experience the only system for gardeners is a three bin three year system, pallets are the right size.

In my farming/gardening days I also had access to horse manure, this helps, but when I tried to turn my horse manure in to garden compost in less than three years I had to spend an hour or so per week forking it over.

Trying to compost human excrement is a non starter as far as I am concerned, and disgusting.

Edited by LadyG

22 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Yep, as most people do not have a garden with three composting bins they really have no concept. In my gardening days one customer, intelligent lady bought a plastic bin which would have been fine for storing coal. I tried my best, but it remained stoic, full of sticks, leaves, grass cuttings without doing anything that resembled composting. In my experience the only system for gardeners is a three bin three year construction.

In my farming/gardening days I also had access to horse manure, this helps, but when I tried to turn my horse manure in to garden compost heap in to garden compost I had to spend an hour or so per week forking it over. Trying to compost human excrement is a non starter as far as I am concerned, and disgusting.

Yep, as most people do not have a garden with three composting bins they really have no concept.

In my gardening days one customer, intelligent lady bought a plastic bin which would have been fine for storing coal. I tried my best, but it remained stoic, full of sticks, leaves, grass cuttings without doing anything that resembled composting. In my experience the only system for gardeners is a three bin three year system, pallets are the right size.

In my farming/gardening days I also had access to horse manure, this helps, but when I tried to turn my horse manure in to garden compost in less than three years I had to spend an hour or so per week forking it over.

Trying to compost human excrement is a non starter as far as I am concerned, and disgusting.

You seem to be double digging.   🤢

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

I have a compost toilet which is great. No smell at all, no splashback and reduced emptying frequency. Got fed up with arriving at pump out stations only for them to eat my card and not work, or take two cards to fully empty the tank...and the smell of the pump out toilet was noticeable. 

The downside is that you need to carry your poop around until it breaks down, there's a number of methods but I use a hotbox composter on the back deck, with a large cruiser stern it's ok but still gets in the way.