Toilet questions

squid

Featured Posts

43 minutes ago, booke23 said:

Calm down @frahkn, you'll give yourself a coronary. I'd appreciate it if you refrained from insults, it's uncivil conduct. 

It's not an assumption at all......By their own admission that's what compost toilet users do!!!

No it's not. Where have we admitted this? I have NEVER dumped urine in the cut. I nearly always use an elsan but there are rare occasions when I have "taken the piss" to a remote site in the countryside far away from any watercourse and dumped it there. I wonder if you are male have ever had a wee behind a hedge when out walking in the countryside? I bet there's not one man on this forum that hasn't done that?

52 minutes ago, booke23 said:

Calm down @frahkn, you'll give yourself a coronary. I'd appreciate it if you refrained from insults, it's uncivil conduct. 

It's not an assumption at all......By their own admission that's what compost toilet users do!!!

It was an assumption and an incorrect one. You said every compost toilet user had to dump on the tow path or in the canal.

I don't, others don't. Therefore your assumption was wrong.

Please don't worry yourself about my heart - I just can't react well to stupidity.

Tell you what, I'll deal with my heart - you deal with the other thing.

• Greenie 1

The waste products of nutrient input to human bodies will always cause some issues when discussed. Specially if it is a boat based system. 

Ultimately there is no right or wrong answer however a definite wrong answer is to have a dump through lavatory sitting on a tank which holds a tonne of mixed products under the bed. 

That is just bad energy. It makes sense in a way but it is just wrong on a basic level to retain this sort of thing. 

It goes against human nature. The whole idea is that one disposes of it. Retaining it is bound to lead to issues of some sort over time.  

26 minutes ago, frahkn said:

It was an assumption and an incorrect one. You said every compost toilet user had to dump on the tow path or in the canal.

I don't, others don't. Therefore your assumption was wrong.

Please don't worry yourself about my heart - I just can't react well to stupidity.

Tell you what, I'll deal with my heart - you deal with the other thing.

Wrong. You know as well as I do what compost toilet users do in the real world.

And get a grip of yourself man....slinging insults around on an internet forum over toilets. 🙄

2 minutes ago, booke23 said:

Wrong. You know as well as I do what compost toilet users do in the real world.

And get a grip of yourself man....slinging insults around on an internet forum over toilets. 🙄

Hey lighten up guys it’s only a few guys on a forum taking the piss🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, booke23 said:

Wrong. You know as well as I do what some compost toilet users do in the real world.

There. Fixed it for you.

It is funny on here, the second you say you’re a composter, suddenly everyone knows that you definitely, undoubtedly throw poop in bin and empty pee on the towpath. Nothing wrong with listening and trying to learn a bit about a topic you clearly haven’t read about. 

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, cheesegas said:

There. Fixed it for you.

It is funny on here, the second you say you’re a composter, suddenly everyone some people know that you definitely, undoubtedly throw poop in bin and empty pee on the towpath. Nothing wrong with listening and trying to learn a bit about a topic you clearly haven’t read about. 

FTFY 🙂

• Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, booke23 said:

😅 Read about!! I was a compost toilet user...Been there, read about it, got the t shirt!!

When using the composting lavatory were you inclined to take the piss? If so where did you take it?

8 hours ago, booke23 said:

😅 Read about!! I was a compost toilet user...Been there, read about it, got the t shirt!!

Well if your assumption is correct, you, like "everyone", dumped your piss in the canal. Congratulations, I don't.

As for slinging insults, I'm only insulting a halfwit if it turns out he is not a halfwit. Otherwise it's no more than a factual description.

In rural agrarian communities, handfuls of straw were frequently used, but one of the most popular items to use for clean-up was dried corncobs. They were plentiful and quite efficient at cleaning. They could be drawn in one direction or turned on an axis. They were also softer on tender areas than you might think.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

In rural agrarian communities, handfuls of straw were frequently used, but one of the most popular items to use for clean-up was dried corncobs. They were plentiful and quite efficient at cleaning. They could be drawn in one direction or turned on an axis. They were also softer on tender areas than you might think.

Give me a handful of straw anytime!!

Also, I bet they made a poor meal afterwards - perhaps explains why popcorn was not popular in rural agrarian communities (that or the lack of cinemas).🙂

2 hours ago, booke23 said:

Now who's making assumptions Frank.

The following are direct quotes from your earlier posts:-

"Read about!! I was a compost toilet user...Been there, read about it, got the t shirt!!"

"The point I was actually making is that every compost toilet user has to dump their urine in the cut or along the tow path."

"It's not an assumption at all......By their own admission that's what compost toilet users do!!!"

"Wrong. You know as well as I do what compost toilet users do in the real world."

Now the first quote makes it clear that you used a compost toilet - no assumption there.

The other three imply that every such user - irrespective of whether they own a boat (or even their own compost toilet) - dumps their urine.

Show me the assumption.

After all I've shown you the halfwit.

• Greenie 1

You have misrepresented what I have said by changing the order of those quotes. I Still don't see where I have said the below in this tread. 

15 hours ago, frahkn said:

you, like "everyone", dumped your piss in the canal. Congratulations, I don't.

I'm not engaging with any more of your ramblings Frank. You have ruined a perfectly good discussion and rendered this thread practically useless for future readers. And you've made yourself look like an angry and unhinged individual. 

• Horror 1

The ability of toilet threads to cause disagreement, discord and general slanging has been demonstrated yet again.

It amazes me that people who xan get so passionate about the "right" way to dispose of natural products can't seem to get worked up about the shits we currently have in government.

• Greenie 1
  • Horror 1

44 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

It amazes me that people who xan get so passionate about the "right" way to dispose of natural products can't seem to get worked up about the shits we currently have in government.

Well I'd love to, but it's banned outside of the political and current affairs section!

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, booke23 said:

You have misrepresented what I have said by changing the order of those quotes. I Still don't see where I have said the below in this tread. 

I'm not engaging with any more of your ramblings Frank. You have ruined a perfectly good discussion and rendered this thread practically useless for future readers. And you've made yourself look like an angry and unhinged individual. 

Well it appears that we are going to disagree, so be it. 

Don't suppose those reading the thread will care much either way;  I am bored with it myself. And of course I have to remember the old saying "a wise man should not argue with a fool - passers-by will not know which is which".

I honestly don't think that I appear angry or unhinged but you are entitled to your opinion.

Similarly, I think you appear to be a halfwit (not least by thinking the order of your quotes misrepresents your views) and am entitled to my opinion about this.

Matchpoint005

Obviously you are correct, however I do get worked up about the shits we (almost always) have in government, but I have a congenital problem with stupidity so I keep away from the politics section for the good of my health.

4 hours ago, Smiles said:

This thread is just full of crap!

Here I sit broken hearted, paid my penny and only farted.

Send SAE to. Thomas Crapper, No2’s, Cessspit Lane, Pump out, Shitingshire TO1 LET.

Welcome to the forum, interesting first post!

• Happy 1

3 hours ago, frahkn said:

Welcome to the forum, interesting first post!

Thank you frahkn for welcoming me and finding my first post interesting!

I was recomended to CanalWorld and have found it very informative so far.

I suppose you could call me a bit of a lurker at the moment, as I haven't bought a Narrow Boat just yet, and will be a complete and utter novice to the NB world, I will almost certainly probably be buying a NB in the Midlands and living on it full-time.

Thanks again 👍

Edited by Smiles