Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering 2022

cuthound

Featured Posts

I see from Facebook that the Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering is on over the Bank Holiday Weekend.

Are any CWDF members planning to attend, either as entrants to the boat parades or as gongoozlers? It would be nice to put faces to names and renew acquaintances with those that I have already met before.

I will probably be taking Sam the Apprentice Cuthound there at some point over the weekend.

Edited by cuthound
Clarification

It was our firm plan to attend with boat(s).

However a bit of a scheduling cock up means we would struggle to get back home again in order to et off for another important (non boating) event.

So whist it is still just possible (with boat((s)) but we may have to settle for just the day by car.

• Greenie 1

Does anyone know when this is on? I see no details online, and when someone asked on facebook they got told "bank holiday" - is it the bank holiday only, or the bank holiday weekend? I asked myself but no response. Is this the type of event you only get into if you already know someone involved??

2 minutes ago, DShK said:

Does anyone know when this is on? I see no details online, and when someone asked on facebook they got told "bank holiday" - is it the bank holiday only, or the bank holiday weekend? I asked myself but no response. Is this the type of event you only get into if you already know someone involved??

If you are not in the bib & brace, neckerchief club you will not be told.  Insular lot in my view.

• Haha 3
  • Unimpressed 1

5 minutes ago, DShK said:

It's the whole of this weekend, boats are already gathering, I did hear they were being a bit low key this year for some reason but as far as I know the weekend is open for visitors as normal

• Greenie 1

When I walked the dog past the day before yesterday there were loads of historic boats there already and several more have passed my mooring since.

It seems to be well attended.

The boat parades are at 2:00pm on Saturday and Sunday and the pub is open.

I will be going to watch tomorrows parade with Sam the Apprentice Cuthound. I'm treating him as it will be his first birthday. 😂

• Happy 1

33 minutes ago, cuthound said:

When I walked the dog past the day before yesterday there were loads of historic boats there already and several more have passed my mooring since.

It seems to be well attended.

The boat parades are at 2:00pm on Saturday and Sunday and the pub is open.

I will be going to watch tomorrows parade with Sam the Apprentice Cuthound. I'm treating him as it will be his first birthday. 😂

Unfortunately it's unlikely myself or the other half will be attending this year, we are both still testing positive for covid and feeling a tad rough

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Unfortunately it's unlikely myself or the other half will be attending this year, we are both still testing positive for covid and feeling a tad rough

That's a shame I enjoyed a good bit of banter and a laugh with you both the last time it was held.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, DShK said:

Great thanks guys! I really enjoyed the Brauston rally so excited to go to this too 🙂

We've been four or five times, with and without boat. It is great fun and a very friendly weekend, I hope you have a good time. The fellow who does the commentary for the parades is a member of this forum and has a very good sense of humour.

Edited by Athy

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

We've been four or five times, with and without boat. It is great fun and a very friendly weekend, I hope you have a good time. The fellow who does the commentary for the parades is a member of this forum and has a very good sense of humour.

Thanks! As long as I get to hear some bolinders I'll be happy!

Should be there by car late morning, have offers from a number of boats from a trip on the parade.  Not got my bib and brace or neckerchief though but then neither will the boat owners whose boats I may go out on.

• Greenie 1