Where can I buy leisure batteries 110 in London? I have the old ones in the picture below

Biafreespirit

Featured Posts

44 minutes ago, Biafreespirit said:

In the marina are quite expensive 200£ for one battery. I just want to make sure I buy the good ones. Can you recommend a good brand? 

Cheap batteries are cj=heap batteries but you can kill exopensive batteries in the same time as you can kill cheap ones. Treat batteries as disposable and if you get 2 or maybe 3 years out of them you have done well.

Leisure Battery > LOW HEIGHT PROFILE > Deep Cycle > 12 V 9380234120875 | eBay

Or a better quality (known brand) Collection on)

12v Varta 110Ah 920A Battery | eBay

Or :

12V 110AH BATTERY LEISURE HEAVY DUTY LOW HEIGHT (105 ah amp) 100 AMP 110 AH | eBay

59 minutes ago, Biafreespirit said:

In the marina are quite expensive 200£ for one battery. I just want to make sure I buy the good ones. Can you recommend a good brand? 

In classic internet styleee, I'm gonna career off at a tangent and ask why you have decided to buy new batts. I mean are you SURE?

Your first thread on this forum a couple of weeks ago identified (IIRC) that your charging regime as good as guaranteed flat batteries after a fortnight, so did you actually get a grip on how to maintain them in a charged state?

My concern is that if you buy a new set of fully charged batteries for £600 you'll be back to square one in another three weeks, and it well all have been a waste of money.

Thing is, this time of year the solar is coming on stream and when I was a liveaboard, I used to find my solar would recharge the batts enough to get me through the night until the next morning. Then the solar would start charging all over again. This way, I could last the whole summer on an utterly sh*gged set of domestic batts before needing to buy more in autumn.

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Biafreespirit said:

inbound901936770298620517.jpg

Whether you do or do not replace your batteries, I really, really, really do suggest that you re-route that blue wire (connected to the negative terminal?) away from those positive terminals, at the moment it is a potential electrical short / fire hazard.

16 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Whether you do or do not replace your batteries, I really, really, really do suggest that you re-route that blue wire (connected to the negative terminal?) away from those positive terminals, at the moment it is a potential electrical short / fire hazard.

Having 5 wires on that negative terminal (at the back) is a big "NO-NO" as well.

Contravenes the wirng regulations.

1 minute ago, Tim Lewis said:

Halfords

The main problem with Halfords is they won't help you find a battery unless you tell them the registration of the car it is for....

And they are unlikely to have three the same. 

1 hour ago, booke23 said:

Where ever you order them from, pay careful attention to the position of the positive and negative terminals. Batteries are available with the positive at either the right or left side. 

^^^ This ^^^

If you are determined to buy new batts regardless, then select batteries that are identical physically to the existing ones. Not only in terminal type and layout, but in case size including case height otherwise altering the fat cables may well turn out to be necessary, which can be a right ball-ache especially if you could have avoided it by taking some care to choose batteries physically the same as the old ones.

Also, I notice the starter batt (presumably) on the right does not look properly secured in place. Looks free to slide three or four inches which is a BSS fail.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

Give Uxbridge Boat Centre a call

Uxbridge Boat Centre Ltd

Telephone 01895 252019

Fax 01895 811035

Uxbridge Wharf Waterloo Road
UXBRIDGE
Middlesex
UB8 2QX
United Kingdom

I bought a battery from Uxbridge Boat Centre a couple of years ago. Not quite as cheap as the online suppliers but quite reasonable and no carriage charge, and they gave me £10 off for the old one too.

But I did have to reverse about a mile between continuiously moored boats on both sides to get there!

1 minute ago, MtB said:

The reason for needing new batts is they have gone flat, judging by the OP's first thread on here.

Sorry. I didnt quote LadyGs post relating to why not Halfords. I know they can be expensive but I recently bought a siphon jiggle there cheaper than elsewhere.