“Canal boating Celebrities”

frangar

Featured Posts

20 hours ago, IanD said:

You're obviously an example of a Schrodinger's boater -- both proper/scruffy and Noddy/shiny at the same time until you talk to somebody or post on here, then the quantum uncertainty resolves itself... 😉

Mines like that when I'm half way through cleaning it. 😂

16 hours ago, David Mack said:

I do the same. Unless there's a strong crosswind, I find it much easier to wait in the middle of the cut until the oncoming boat emerges from the lock, and then we can dance around each other before I try to line up for the lock entrance. 

And if I am going to pass another boat in a short pound between locks I wait in my lock until the oncomer is ready to emerge, and then we can both pass in the middle of the pound, with a little power on and we both have steering. The problem in that situation can be the other boater who won't start to move until I have completely left my lock!

Likewise.

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I would not have thought CtC is a shiny boater the Foxes are much more aware of how boats look, inside and out. 

CtC spends a lot of time in a marina and not much vlogging these days, he has a big following as he was an early adopter and produces professional vlogs. Probably does other things in his life that don't involve boating, includes his Vandemoniun channel. 

I rather like CtC as it happens. The videos have high production standards, I like the sense of humour and I find the breadth of content interesting. I would put them in the documentary category rather than the celebrity category.

I also enjoy Danni & Joe's Narrowboat Conversion. I like their enthusiasm and the fact that, whilst it doesn't always go right first time, they are getting there with a boat that suits them. It isn't rose tinted, and it isn't car crash TV, and I find it entertaining.

There are plenty of others I avoid though.

Alec

• Greenie 1

Anyone know what has happened to the Foxes new boat build?

I remember them mentioning last year(maybe longer) the base plate was laid down and they were going to be working with the top builders/suppliers to produce the new boat and will be documented and filmed, but as of yet nothing. Anyone seen anything that suggests they will be getting a new boat soon?

On 21/12/2021 at 15:02, MtB said:

Funny you should say that...

I have a hand-start vintage diesel and gas lamps, and lithiums. Does that make me a proper boater or a Noddy boater? I can't decide.

Mind you I've also been called a scruffy boater and a shiny boater by two different people on the same day, and I was in the same boat on both occasions! 

I think it makes you a Proper Noddy 😂

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1