eBay boat possible good buy?

MrsM

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, MtB said:

Not quite true. 

It is illegal for her the "bring it to market" for another three years, i.e. even offer it for sale.

I suggest you ring the police who will scream around there with sirens blaring and arrest her, no doubt, when they hear about this serious crime. 

I have forwarded the link to a friend they couldn't care less about the paperwork and for its first year will live in a marina, they are very interested in her

Just now, peterboat said:

I have forwarded the link to a friend they couldn't care less about the paperwork and for its first year will live in a marina, they are very interested in her

OMG a forum member is now "aiding and abetting" this serious crime!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MtB said:

OMG a forum member is now "aiding and abetting" this serious crime!

By initiating the thread that makes me the criminal mastermind! Hope they let me watch Bake Off when I'm banged up for life.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MrsM said:

By initiating the thread that makes me the criminal mastermind! Hope they let me watch Bake Off when I'm banged up for life.

Normally I would run a mile from a program like bake off but for some reason i watched an episode a few years ago, hooked, completely hooked.

Would there be lots of tea in this prison cell?

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Normally I would run a mile from a program like bake off but for some reason i watched an episode a few years ago, hooked, completely hooked.

Would there be lots of tea in this prison cell?

I saw this years ago and never had to watch it again, can’t imagine it’s improved now on C4

image.png.9e8dd7342cc21bcdd90cbc4caaff2152.png

26 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

I saw this years ago and never had to watch it again, can’t imagine it’s improved now on C4

image.png.9e8dd7342cc21bcdd90cbc4caaff2152.png

Very accurate except it is presented by Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas now and Mary Berry had been replaced by Pru Leith. I still love it and o'half is watching it too (perhaps because he's trapped in a tin tube with me for the next month!). 

2 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Normally I would run a mile from a program like bake off

Likewise, in fact the mention of Bake Off tends to elicit a response which also ends in "off".

Yet I greatly enjoy the various Masterchef series, apart from when the contestant announcers that she's going to garnish her pork belly (or whatever) with seven veg, three different jus and a dash of marzipan.

1 hour ago, MrsM said:

Very accurate except it is presented by Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas now and Mary Berry had been replaced by Pru Leith. I still love it and o'half is watching it too (perhaps because he's trapped in a tin tube with me for the next month!). 

I'll admit to watching it all prior to the switch, but Noel Fielding just rubs me up the wrong way so that was it for me, and like most of these things after a few series they just become formulaic and predictable, ticking the diversity and demographic boxes to the point you can almost spot the eventual winner from the first episode. At least i don't have to watch BBC anymore, so there is that :) 

• Happy 1

45 minutes ago, Athy said:

Likewise, in fact the mention of Bake Off tends to elicit a response which also ends in "off".

Yet I greatly enjoy the various Masterchef series, apart from when the contestant announcers that she's going to garnish her pork belly (or whatever) with seven veg, three different jus and a dash of marzipan.

And I can't stand masterchef, pretentious twaddle in my opinion, tastes a funny thing

40 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

And I can't stand masterchef, pretentious twaddle in my opinion, tastes a funny thing

Perhaps it's because I'm not a great fan of cake - apart from Mrs. Athy's home-made ones, I rarely eat it, I take more interest in savoury dishes.

29 minutes ago, Athy said:

Perhaps it's because I'm not a great fan of cake - apart from Mrs. Athy's home-made ones, I rarely eat it, I take more interest in savoury dishes.

All true, except it seem to me that the chefs of today mess up perfectly good food by messing it about and grossly over seasoning it. Don't get me started about serving it on plates (if you are very lucky, otherwise planks of wood or rough-hewn stone)  that look as if they had not been washed up after the previous diner with blobs and smears all over them.

I think chef schools must hole shares in  salt works.

• Greenie 2

58 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

. Don't get me started about serving it on plates (if you are very lucky, otherwise planks of wood or rough-hewn stone)  that look as if they had not been washed up after the previous diner with blobs and smears all over them.

We went out for dinner last week at a local pub as the 2 pack smell in the workshop was far too strong.

I ordered pie of the day with chips, gravy and a selection of steamed veg including peas, carrots,  beans and broccoli. It came served on a bread board...peas everywhere and the gravy wasnt staying around either.

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1

49 minutes ago, matty40s said:

We went out for dinner last week at a local pub as the 2 pack smell in the workshop was far too strong.

I ordered pie of the day with chips, gravy and a selection of steamed veg including peas, carrots,  beans and broccoli. It came served on a bread board...peas everywhere and the gravy wasnt staying around either.

Bonkers I would have sent it back 

51 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Serves you right 😃 what are pubs doing trying to serve food?

We all know pubs are for BEER not food. 
👍

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, MrsM said:

You wont need a TV licence and will get 3 meals a day

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

I had shepherds pie and a jug of gravy served on a board or slate at the pub opposite the Salt Museum on the T&M. I sent it back to be put on a plate

• Greenie 2

46 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Serves you right 😃 what are pubs doing trying to serve food?

We all know pubs are for BEER not food. 
👍

Exactly. 

It reminds me of the sign behind the bar often seen in pubs before the turn of the century.

"Please do not ask to cash a cheque here, as we have an arrangement with the local bank. They don't sell beer, we don't cash cheques."

• Greenie 1