Milton Keynes Marina Resumes Boat Hire

Parahandy

Featured Posts

I dont know if I should be pleased or peeved by this Site but it appears Milton Keynes Marina have resumed Boat Hire which I assume is still not classed as essential movements ?

( edited to remove some accompanying links showing relevant pictures )

Edited by Parahandy
Broken Link To Pictures

Their website seems in line with the guidance:

http://www.mkmarina.co.uk/Boat-Hire.aspx

From 8th March 2021 the day hire boats can operate for single house/bubble only.

From 29th March the day hire boats can operate with 6 pepole/2 households only.

From the 17th May - No COVID restrictions.

Our boats, Mary Jane & Meadowlark, have all the features of a semi-traditional narrowboat, including tiller steering, gallery, toilet compartment, and open outside deck.  In the gallery there is a sink, gas hob, and fridge.  Forward of the cabin is a covered open air deck which can be enclosed by side screens.

MJ4c.jpg

Against the guidance, whether it's against the law is a different matter. 

It's open boats (canoe, paddle boards, rowing boats etc only now or 29th March (depending on which guidance you look at) and normal boats for day trips from 12th April.

I've no doubt if the police find out they will have a major operation to intercept, arrest and fine the offending family.

Edited by matty40s

British Marine is delighted that from 8 March all forms of watersports, including the use of privately-owned craft and self-drive day hire boats for single households, can go ahead in England (subject to local navigation and harbour authority guidance). Furthermore, it has been concluded that marinas can open from 8 March to allow recreational boating to take place and boat brokerage can open in line with non-essential retail from 12 April.

They have looked at that and gone ahead, the detail in the guidance points to open boats only at present.

Edited by matty40s

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Dame Cressida has agreed to retire early (within the year I think) so I don't suppose she gives a damn what people think. If she was offered a good deal she would probably be gone by lunch.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Against the guidance, whether it's against the law is a different matter. 

It's open boats (canoe, paddle boards, rowing boats etc only now or 29th March (depending on which guidance you look at) and normal boats for day trips from 12th April.

I've no doubt if the police find out they will have a major operation to intercept, arrest and fine the offending family.

...and physically restrain (beat up)...

4 minutes ago, Rivelin said:

...and physically restrain (beat up)...

In my 65 years I have never been restrained nor indeed beaten up by police. I have always found them polite as I am to them. I did get pulled and breathalysed after leaving my pub on the way home once a few years ago in Chipping Norton and the two of them were very polite and carried out the breath test in a cordial manner. I do wonder why some law abiding people seem to need restraining and beating up.

• Greenie 4
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

In my 65 years I have never been restrained nor indeed beaten up by police. I have always found them polite as I am to them. I did get pulled and breathalysed after leaving my pub on the way home once a few years ago in Chipping Norton and the two of them were very polite and carried out the breath test in a cordial manner. I do wonder why some law abiding people seem to need restraining and beating up.

Pretty much identical experience here, but the breathalyser was 3:00am after a Office Christmas Party taking home a car full of drunkards - never did get the footprints off the roof lining ! I had not touched a drop, and when I suggested they would be wasting a valuable breath-thing they said not to worry, I'd paid for it in my taxes anyway - all very polite.

• Greenie 1

It is not the MK marina day boats that get me.  It is the blinking wide beam hire boat that lives there. Puddling Cruises or summat.  Invariably steered by the insufficiently competent and usually in the way.

N

31 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Perhaps, as in my case, because I was a hairy student and they thought they'd have some fun (held twelve hours overnight, no food or water, after being mugged). On another occasion because they wanted to cart (without the necessary authorities) my depressed girlfriend off to a mental hospital, an event which involved not bothering to ring the bell, just kicking the door down and belting me out of the way.

Plenty more examples from personal experience. Peacable person, me. But hairy, quite enough for some.

Don't judge just from your own experience. You'll be telling me they don't pick on black people next.

• Greenie 1

Do they pick on Black People Arthur ? Personally I have never thought it as simple as that . Firstly lets be clear what we mean when we say Black People , can we exclude Indians and Pakistanis ? Can we exclude Africans ? I believe in the main we can , Which leaves People of caribbean descent .

Is it true that this Demographic Group accounts for most of the street crime in London ? I believe it does and thats the Policemans problem .

1 hour ago, Parahandy said:

Absolutely laughable Alan , I wonder if Cressida Dick will resign this week , I was just about to ask what WV thinks on the other thread .

She should have gone years ago.

It was her who autherised the shooting of an innocent Brazilian on the London tube.

Ignoring Parahandy's usual racist crap (and let's agree that stating most of London street crime is down to Caribbeans is nothing else, so I am correct in calling it out), boating holidays with one household are fine from 12 April.

And, P, save it for the politics ghetto.