Responsible or Irresponsible Tier 3 Cruising?

PD1964

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Yes.

As admirably demonstrated in this thread.

To be fair though the average reading age in the UK is allegedly only nine, this being what the Sun aim at, so its not really their fault.

27 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Are people really that stupid as to mix the two things up, OK you don’t need to answer that! 

I wish I was clever like you lot

9 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I wish I was clever like you lot

Personally I'm just clever enough not to take at face value everything I read in the media and definitely clever enough to not take in much of what gets posted on the internet.

I am of the firm belief that some media presenters and journalists should be taken out and shot for the way they have grown their careers on the back of this pandemic.

Their selective focus on the bad stuff has been IMHO tantamount to scaremongering, pure and simple.

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

Slugs do.

Only if you believe slugs have an 'after life'.

Edited by The Happy Nomad
An not a stupid boy.

10 hours ago, matty40s said:

The Covid Pandemic is no-ones choice, the restrictions are in place to protect vulnerable people and the NHS. 

This isnt about their Vlog, its about them doing what is right in the present world outside their Vlog.

The reason this is so bad now is that some people seem to feel justified finding ways round the rules, guidelines and restrictions.

But they are not finding ways round the rules and restrictions.

I stopped going for my groceries because  supermarkets allow couples and families to shop together, instead of them driving up to the car park, one person goes shopping, first sanitising hands, trolley and any goods they buy. Until the government take measures to stop disease transmission by this, most obvious of routes, there will be no end to the spread of the disease.

Its a can of worms, each supermarket could have a person checking the temperature of each shopper, thats done at airports, and other places, no special training. I have no idea about using trace and track or whatever at supermarket's, I assume it is unworkable because half the population would end up being tagged. 

• Greenie 1

10 hours ago, LadyG said:

But they are not finding ways round the rules and restrictions.

I stopped going for my groceries because  supermarkets allow couples and families to shop together, instead of them driving up to the car park, one person goes shopping, first sanitising hands, trolley and any goods they buy. Until the government take measures to stop disease transmission by this, most obvious of routes, there will be no end to the spread of the disease.

Its a can of worms, each supermarket could have a person checking the temperature of each shopper, thats done at airports, and other places, no special training. I have no idea about using trace and track or whatever at supermarket's, I assume it is unworkable because half the population would end up being tagged. 

Absolutely. We can do a lot more to stop transmission without it really affecting us. We need to get back to one person only in a supermarket and keeping 2m apart. It worked in March/April. The queues were never that long.

Why arent shops using thermometers to screen peeps going in? Bonkers.

29 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Absolutely. We can do a lot more to stop transmission without it really affecting us. We need to get back to one person only in a supermarket and keeping 2m apart. It worked in March/April. The queues were never that long.

Why should the supermarket use thermometers when the government is still allowing people into the country without any testing.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

We need to get back to one person only in a supermarket and keeping 2m apart. It worked in March/April.

There was never, at least around here, a rule of letting only one person into a supermarket at a time. In any case, if they were the only person in there, they would have no one to keep six feet away from.

Our local butcher's does operate a one-customer-in-the-shop-at-a-time rule. It's practicable for a small shop to do so, but not a large one.

46 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Why should the supermarket use thermometers when the government is still allowing people into the country without any testing.

I don't know, why is the price of fish rising?

16 minutes ago, Athy said:

There was never, at least around here, a rule of letting only one person into a supermarket at a time. In any case, if they were the only person in there, they would have no one to keep six feet away from.

Our local butcher's does operate a one-customer-in-the-shop-at-a-time rule. It's practicable for a small shop to do so, but not a large one.

No Athy, you've picked up the wrong end of the stick, one person from one household does the shopping. It's not a family outing, it's an essential trip  and only one person.

The message has not got through to Boris, because he surrounds himself with people who agree with him, using a pick and mix solution.

That is why we are where we are  it's not a surprise, it was inevitable.

Yes, small shops can easily, or not so easily, find a solution to keeping customers apart, but you don't take Ma, Pa and the kids in to the supermarket. They stay in the car, if that's not possible, get the food delivered.

Edited by LadyG

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

No Athy, you've picked up the wrong end of the stick

No, you have. Bob mentioned getting back to "one person only in a supermarket", not one person from each family.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

No, you have. Bob mentioned getting back to "one person only in a supermarket", not one person from each family.

There never was one person in one supermarket, it was one person one trolley, and access was by invitation of an employee.

15 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We are in a 'Medical Tier 5' which means that the NHS is on the verge of calapsing under the wight of C19 Patients.

The Department of Health confirmed the nationwide upgrade from Level 4 to Level 5, as health services across the UK struggle under “immense pressure”.

In a joint statement on Monday evening the chief medical officers (CMOs) for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and NHS England’s national medical director Professor Stephen Powis  said that without further action there is a risk of the NHS “in several areas” being overwhelmed over the next 21 days.

Are we conflating Alert Levels with Tiers?

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

It does seem that much of the transmission is now symptomatic. The new variant is more transmissible so I am hypothesizing that more cases of transmission occur before symptoms are recognised and not all cases have an abnormal temperature.

32 minutes ago, LadyG said:

There never was one person in one supermarket, it was one person one trolley, and access was by invitation of an employee.

Yes, that sounds more reasonable, but it's not what Bob said.

I can't see any difference between husband and wife going round together, or husband going in, then an hour later wife going in (quite possibly to get the things he's forgotten or return the things he's got wrong). It's still the same number of people.

12 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Personally I'm just clever enough not to take at face value everything I read in the media and definitely clever enough to not take in much of what gets posted on the internet.

I am of the firm belief that some media presenters and journalists should be taken out and shot for the way they have grown their careers on the back of this pandemic.

Their selective focus on the bad stuff has been IMHO tantamount to scaremongering, pure and simple.

When I was last at ITN news studio, there was a notice on the wall that said " Your bad news is our good news"

Edited by Laurie Booth I.S.M.

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

I can't see any difference between husband and wife going round together, or husband going in, then an hour later wife going in (quite possibly to get the things he's forgotten or return the things he's got wrong). It's still the same number of people.

guess its to give every household opportunity to buy stuff without waiting too long in queue...

2 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

guess its to give every household opportunity to buy stuff without waiting too long in queue...

The reason we were given by Tesco (who operated the scheme briefly)was that it limited the number of customers in the store at any one time. I think it was 45 of them at the Wisbech branch. No other local supermarket followed suit as far as I'm aware. Certainly Morrison's didn't: we had to queue up outside, but both of us could go in together.

13 minutes ago, Athy said:

It depends on the shop layout and their behaviour, as for example it can be harder to avoid close proximity when faced with two other people walking side by side in an aisle. It gets worse if they have bored children trailing in their wake, gazing into their phones and completely unaware of the people around them.

29 minutes ago, Athy said:

Sigh, we are in an emergency situation, this has not got through, supermarket shopping has become a focus of family outings. People need to take their exercise outdoors, not in Aldi,  Morrisons or anywhere else. One shop per week is more than adequate for people with a fridge and freezer.

The message is STAY AT HOME.

And don't take goods back, they have been in your house and I don't want them in mine!

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Sigh

There's no need to be condescending.

7 minutes ago, LadyG said:

And don't take goods back, they have been in your house and I don't want them in mine!

Lucky that you haven't got one, then.

16 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Sigh, we are in an emergency situation, this has not got through, supermarket shopping has become a focus of family outings. People need to take their exercise outdoors, not in Aldi,  Morrisons or anywhere else. One shop per week is more than adequate for people with a fridge and freezer.

The message is STAY AT HOME.

Dont know how many are in your houshold but in our's their is 6 and we struggle to do one shop per week.