Don’t hire to group of young men

Dav and Pen

Featured Posts

Hmm, Herault-Tribune seems to be a play on words, nearly as bad as Le Boat!

I'm surprised one of those boats can go that fast, presumably it can't be got on the plane can it? Give there is no tide I'm not sure how they would otherwise get it on the bank like that.  I've only ever seen then going up and down le sept ecluse at Fonserrannes

This is the article - speed limit 12 kmh, doesn't say how fast they were going

https://www.herault-tribune.com/articles/1562339/insolite-une-peniche-en-situation-tres-perilleuse-sur-un-canal-heraultais/ 

Edited to add, it appears from the text of the article that they rammed a slipway at speed...

Edited by magpie patrick

50 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I suspect that is an error in translation. From the photographs it certainly doesn't look like a slipway, just a low bit of bank.

An error in my translation perhaps - It say's d'une pente access, literally an access slope, which I took to be a slipway

3 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Are we totally sure it is an all male group?  One in the picture seems to be wearing a bikini.

Tim's eyes are sharper than yours!

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Is it my eyesight but doesnt one of them look distinctly female with a bikini on?

Edited by magpie patrick

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

Are we totally sure it is an all male group?  One in the picture seems to be wearing a bikini.

Well spotted I should have said group of young people. It took 2 cranes to get it sorted. This style of boat is one of their new range which are pretty ugly and somewhat complex which seem rely on being able to plug in each night.

available

8 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Oops!

Thats the same type of boat as we are supposed to be hiring in Belgium next April.

That's 'Horizon 2' not available in Belgium, One of my penson fund boats is based at Neiuwpoort in Belgium. So if you hired a 'Horizon 1',  look after her as she may be the one I own,

4 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

available

That's 'Horizon 2' not available in Belgium, One of my penson fund boats is based at Neiuwpoort in Belgium. So if you hired a 'Horizon 1',  look after her as she may be the one I own,

It is indeed a 1 we have hired. Fugly as sin but appears to be quite practical.

We will give it a good run for you ?