Pillings Lock Marina

Richard T

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, Silebyman said:

Capture4.JPG.e108d317133b841fb0d47a9da006968a.JPG

Read the above. Attention to Berth holders. Paul Lillie to Gianni Pillings.

From. Paul Lillie

To. Gianni Pillings

Message signed by Matt Steadman.

So, who wrote it?, who forwarded it?, who is it to?,

A very poorly written communication if I dare say so.

I have never met Mr Paul Lillie. I have read more negatively than positivity about the man. He seems to me to be in the main an unlikable man. An unscrupulous man. A man who doesn't really care about anyone other than himself. Probably a well off man with funds in the bank.

But he has survived. So far. 

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And, stolen £160,000 of OUR licence money.

Declared bankruptcy, renamed the company and carried on as before.

Exactly. Unscrupulous businessman. But sadly, others have allowed him to carryon. By others I mean, the laws of the country, CRT,Berth Holders at his business and probably more.

1 minute ago, Nightwatch said:

Exactly. Unscrupulous businessman. But sadly, others have allowed him to carryon. By others I mean, the laws of the country, CRT,Berth Holders at his business and probably more.

The problem is I suspect, despite your opinion expressed earlier, Mr Lillie is probably very likeable face to face in real life*. This I think is how he gets away with such dishonesty. 

* Until you cross him that is.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

It was the company that was (according to companies house) Dissolved as it was unable to pay its creditors.

Insolvency then. If he himself had been bankrupt then he’d have been barred from directorships. 

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Insolvency then. If he himself had been bankrupt then he’d have been barred from directorships. 

A clever but stupid man. It'll come to him. Perhaps it has. 

This subtle change of management, good luck Gianni, is perhaps his new way of escaping his responsibilities.

6 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

A clever but stupid man. It'll come to him. Perhaps it has. 

This subtle change of management, good luck Gianni, is perhaps his new way of escaping his responsibilities.

I think she's a Gianna!

Could we please be careful what we post regarding the marina's personnel?

Pastures new?  That sounds foreboding based on the comments I have read.  No personal knowledge or experience of the man but sounds like should you be unlucky enough to shake his hand you should immediately count how many fingers you have left.

Though it make take many years people of that ilk normally get their comeuppance be it jail, loss of assets or if he rubs the wrong person up the wrong way being found in the boot of a burnt out car.  Personally I prefer the burnt out car method for scumbags.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

I think she's a Gianna!

Could we please be careful what we post regarding the marina's personnel?

Eh! I'm being even dimmer than usual. I have put an i instead of an a. What is there to be careful about? regarding Marina personnel?

19 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Eh! I'm being even dimmer than usual. I have put an i instead of an a. What is there to be careful about? regarding Marina personnel?

Gianna is in the body of the email, and at the top it says 'to' Gianni - it's an unusual name, and  both Gianni/Gianna has a different surname. ? 

Just now, Nightwatch said:

I'll let this go, but I'm still not sure what I have said or implied that might involve a solicitor.

Possibly nothing - my comment was, as you'll have seen, addressed to contributors in general and not to you personally.

2 hours ago, Ray T said:

I seem to remember that the berth holders were apparently overcharged for electric supply too.

If I remember correctly a couple of berth holders took him to court over this, won and were promptly ejected from the marina.

...and one of our forum members had a boats gearbox disabled by them.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The problem is I suspect, despite your opinion expressed earlier, Mr Lillie is probably very likeable face to face in real life*. This I think is how he gets away with such dishonesty. 

* Until you cross him that is.

Sounds like the person who ran Lady Lane moorings North Stratford canal.

:(