Pillings Lock Marina

Richard T

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, Richard T said:

According to a post on the forum Facebook page Paul Lillie has left Pillings Lock Marina. Can anyone confirm or deny this? The FB source is a reliable one. 

Left in what way? Has he sold his shares in the company?

If not then he is still very much in control. 

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

The owners of the boats for sale must be delighted.

You could argue that anybody daft enough to get into any business arrangement with Paul Lillie deserves everything that resuls from doing so.

It's not exactly hard to find out the man's appalling track record, is it?

24 minutes ago, Athy said:

How, then, does he expect to sell boats if people are not allowed to view them? That doesn't make sense.

A substantial part of his income seems to be from cheating CRT out of six figure sums, along with mooring fee income. Selling boats must be a complete PITA in comparison. 

8 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

You could argue that anybody daft enough to get into any business arrangement with Paul Lillie deserves everything that resuls from doing so.

It's not exactly hard to find out the man's appalling track record, is it?

Not if you read Canal World, no, as I remember there was a quite long thread about the marina and its operations a couple of years ago (from memory, it was started by his Dad who had fallen out with him). But, despite what we might sometimes think, not every boat owner reads CWDF!

11 minutes ago, Athy said:

Not if you read Canal World, no, as I remember there was a quite long thread about the marina and its operations a couple of years ago (from memory, it was started by his Dad who had fallen out with him). But, despite what we might sometimes think, not every boat owner reads CWDF!

You don't need to read CWDF - if you know how to use Google that should surely be sufficient.

I regularly Google to find out about a particular business I am unfamiliar with, before deciding whether to get involved with them.

Examples from Google:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-25877331

http://www.boatingbusiness.com/news101/industry-news/pillings-lock-marina-dispute

Edited by alan_fincher

Just now, alan_fincher said:

You don't need to read CWDF - if you know how to use Google that should surely be sufficient.

I regularly Google to find out about a particular business I am unfamiliar with, before deciding whether to get involved with them.

You are evidently a prudent man. Not everyone takes such care.

They shouldn't be surprised if their boat doesn't get sold then.

In the case of Mr Lillie they shouldn't, I suggest be surprised if it does, but they never get to see the funds.

This was the man pocketing money for 25 year leases on moorings that he was not actually paying the relevant NAA charges to CRT for.

Edited by alan_fincher

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

ABNB have always been willing to sell boats on their home mooring, surely?

Yes (that's how they sold our last one) but they are diversifying. I think they have a couple of berths at Cropredy Marina too.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

They do, as well as selling from other sites- its a little expensive and pointless moving a wide beam to Crick for instance. .

People buying boats dont seem to like travelling too far to view them. Guess this is understandable given the difference between what the boat looks like on some internet sites sometimes and then what it actually looks like!

11 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Many (most?) marinas that operate brokerages, (or are tied in some way to a brokerage), will have a clause in their contract that prevents you selling a boat that is in that marina  by any other route.

1 minute ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

But my comments are almost always very brief, except when on the subject of pubs (see the clever attempt at derailment there?).

It won't work, I'm afraid. Most boaters don't like pubs....

Is there one at Pilling's Lock?