Fazeley Services

matty40s

Featured Posts

I imagine the marina owners will regret the decision come may, when they realise how many hire boats and other boats fill their water tanks at the Fazeley offices water point.

I didn't realise the Cudworth and Minworth facilities had gone as well!!!

This announcement came from the BCNS, I havnt seen it from CRT themselves, I wonder if they are keeping it quiet to avoid complaints..

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I imagine the marina owners will regret the decision come may, when they realise how many hire boats and other boats fill their water tanks at the Fazeley offices water point.

This announcement came from the BCNS, I havnt seen it from CRT themselves, I wonder if they are keeping it quiet to avoid complaints..

But the tap is outside the marina, on the towpath. Nothing to do with the marina as far as I know. The marina is on a different supply.

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Ok, don’t remember there being an elsan at cuckoo but then we have a proper lavatory. The rubbish at Bodymoor Heath is now only for the resident moorers, although there is a water tap.

Bodymoor Heath is only stated as leisure moorings so why do they need dedicated rubbish bins? Don't recall any signage in April to say it was restricted and there was no special lock on the compound, in fact no lock at all as I recall. Even if it did have signs I would still dump my rubbish there, as would many boaters. 

23 minutes ago, pearley said:

Bodymoor Heath is only stated as leisure moorings so why do they need dedicated rubbish bins? Don't recall any signage in April to say it was restricted and there was no special lock on the compound, in fact no lock at all as I recall. Even if it did have signs I would still dump my rubbish there, as would many boaters. 

We went past there on Saturday, I noticed the new sign. Not sure if the compound is now locked.

Of course, if you are happy to fly tip your rubbish it’s not for me to stop you.

10 hours ago, nicknorman said:

We went past there on Saturday, I noticed the new sign. Not sure if the compound is now locked.

Of course, if you are happy to fly tip your rubbish it’s not for me to stop you.

Obviously your idea of fly tipping and mine are rather different. 

14 hours ago, matty40s said:

Isn't there also a tap opposite the old CRT offices on the towpath side

3 hours ago, pearley said:

Obviously your idea of fly tipping and mine are rather different. 

Surely fly tipping is leaving rubbish where you have no right to.  Leaving rubbish where there are clear signs saying you have no right to looks like fly tipping to me.

15 hours ago, pearley said:

There were signs there last time we passed through, maybe 12 months back now

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

I think there are two, one almost on the junction and one a bit further towards Fradley, say 100 yards.

Yes, that's right, though I think one may have gone. The pressure was lousy, as well, though someone told us it's improved recently. If heading for Atherstone, the tap above the Glascote 2 is ok.

3 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

I think there are two, one almost on the junction and one a bit further towards Fradley, say 100 yards.

Only one on the towpath side, about 20 yards past the junction towards Fradley. 

3 hours ago, BruceinSanity said:

Yes, that's right, though I think one may have gone. The pressure was lousy, as well, though someone told us it's improved recently. If heading for Atherstone, the tap above the Glascote 2 is ok.

That Glascote tap has always been incredibly slow when I have used it.

Did hear a comment earlier this year from 'someone' CaRT that quite a few water points have gone because they are on private land and new owners have not agreed to continue to allow their use. I presumed that in most cases this was the consequence of selling off lock cottages without putting foolproof provision as a replacement. I also understood that there are actions being taken to find new options and I would hazard a guess that what is happening here is one case where they have found something.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/10/2017 at 21:43, nicknorman said:

The only notices there today are these:

20171123_114433.jpg

20171123_114456.jpg

20171123_114500.jpg

So the sign says that the nearest rubbish point is Fazeley Jn (or FMM now). There is a general presumption that one should only dispose of rubbish when there is a facility saying you can. For example, there are no signs along the canal saying you can’t dump your rubbish in the cut but most people realise this means you can’t. You can’t put your rubbish in someone else’s rubbish bin. So you can’t put your rubbish there when it clearly says the nearest rubbish point is Fazeley.

Its quite simple, those facilities are for the use of the permanent moorings, not passing boat traffic. Granted on a scale of antisocial-ness it doesn’t figure highly, but it’s still wrong to fly up your rubbish in that facility.

On 10/25/2017 at 15:13, furnessvale said:

The same is about to happen at Marple where CRT are trying for planning permission for housing.  The revised Elsan and rubbish point is right outside the windows of the luxury redevelopment of the old warehouse.

No prizes for guessing which bit of the plans will be quietly dropped once they have their planning permission!

Not necessarily.

The Marsworth yard development has provide abrand new boaters facilities block right outside the new luxury housing, (to include a pump out not previusly prent at those facilities0.

Inevitably though, as fully anticipated by many of us, it has been a source of much friction between the people who have bought the housing, and boaters using the facilities.

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

So the sign says that the nearest rubbish point is Fazeley Jn (or FMM now). There is a general presumption that one should only dispose of rubbish when there is a facility saying you can. For example, there are no signs along the canal saying you can’t dump your rubbish in the cut but most people realise this means you can’t. You can’t put your rubbish in someone else’s rubbish bin. So you can’t put your rubbish there when it clearly says the nearest rubbish point is Fazeley.

Its quite simple, those facilities are for the use of the permanent moorings, not passing boat traffic. Granted on a scale of antisocial-ness it doesn’t figure highly, but it’s still wrong to fly up your rubbish in that facility.

By drone presumably ! :giggles:

• 2 years later...

We haven’t been through Fazeley in a couple of years and we’re wondering if the services did in fact get closed down.

If this is the case are we permitted to use the elsan at Fazeley Mill Marina (as stated in the opening post) and would this be free of charge or is there a cost?

1 minute ago, Bewildered said:

We haven’t been through Fazeley in a couple of years and we’re wondering if the services did in fact get closed down.

If this is the case are we permitted to use the elsan at Fazeley Mill Marina (as stated in the opening post) and would this be free of charge or is there a cost?

All closed including the water tap. There is a tap at the junction and another outside Fazeley Mill Marina. Elsan and rubbish disposal at the marina is free to all boaters. You can wind in the marina entrance or continue through the road bridge to the winding hole just beyond.

Yes the services at Fazeley, where the CRT office used to be, are totally closed. Fazeley Mill Marina is available instead, Elsan and water are free and pretty sure there are rubbish skip too. However to avoid cluttering up the services mooring and to make it easier for you,  it would make sense to tie up by the towpath water point ( just the Birmingham side, between the marina entrance and the road bridge), use that tap and walk through the footpath gate connecting the towpath to the marina office area.

I’m told that that tap comes from a water supply originating in Drayton and is much nicer (less hard) than the supply to the marina. Not sure if that is true but it’s what I’ve been told!

3 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Yes the services at Fazeley, where the CRT office used to be, are totally closed. Fazeley Mill Marina is available instead, Elsan and water are free and pretty sure there are rubbish skip too. However to avoid cluttering up the services mooring and to make it easier for you,  it would make sense to tie up by the towpath water point ( just the Birmingham side, between the marina entrance and the road bridge), use that tap and walk through the footpath gate connecting the towpath to the marina office area.

I’m told that that tap comes from a water supply originating in Drayton and is much nicer (less hard) than the supply to the marina. Not sure if that is true but it’s what I’ve been told!

And their diesel is a reasonable price for the area