Cheap Stove Fan

rupertbear

Featured Posts

Stove fans are decorative but actually move very little air. A £20 fan from Tesco will move 10 or 20 times as much air. I have a Sterling engined fan.. it's useless.

I have one too and I find it really useful.

As Old Son says above, it tells me when the stove is dying down and needs stoking just from the sound.

And the sound of it is delightful. A gentle chuffing noise like a distant steam loco. Lovely company in a quiet boat on a winter's evening, and a great talking point when visitors see it running!

You can tell winter is just around the corner because again we have the annual stove top fan thread. The outcome will be the dame thos year as every other year.

Half will say snake oil and half will say they are great. I'm in the second half, love seeing the curtains being blown as round by the eco fan happy in the knowledge warm air is moving around.

Phil

I think the problem is that people expect a column of fairly high speed air like they get with high speed computer or household fans where as this type of fan seem to produce a defuse volume of low speed air. Probably made worse by them not running in a cowl. I once read the increase in moving air volume you got by simply cowling a car's radiator fan but can not remember the number but it was a more than I would have thought. No point in giving personal impressions of their effectiveness because one side or the other will not give them any credence.

Well I sent my daughter this morning

post-26297-0-13568800-1474798772_thumb.jpeg

She tells me after I said get one "didn't you always say stock up"

I laughed at myself thinking we're you going to stick all that on the boat she then informed me my garage will do

Yeh married with children

The metal work is virtually identical in design to the original ecofan, a few curves replicated with angular bends the only real difference. The peltier unit is slightly smaller and the wires have not been hidden away as well as the ecofan, coming out of the back, into a joining clip, and over the top to the motor.

The motor is sitting on a bracket rather than being ensconced in a sleeve.

The fan blades are identical.

It works as well.

reckon ill try and grab one tomorrow, if they have any left at hinckley or nuneaton.

for £25 im willing to give them a blast.

As I stated earlier at around 13:30 today they had loads of them in the A5 Nuneaton store.

Far end, near the cooked meats