Love Locks

Peter-Bullfinch

Featured Posts

DSC_0022_zpsymw0qyif.jpg

Yet another task for the hard pressed Trust. This time in Liverpool removing locks and lengths of fence chain on the Mersey frontage. He told us they kept the locks for six months in case they were claimed and then posted the requested one back to the owners!

Children standing on the lower lengths of fence broke the links weakened by the rust and damage from the locks.

As if the teams didn't have enough to do.

Children standing on the lower lengths of fence broke the links weakened by the rust and damage from the locks.

If people only thought to link one lock into the next they would form a chain which would then replace the original one!

George ex nb Alton retired

Yes, the first I heard of putting locks on bridges was on the news, where the French were busy removing locks from a bridge in Paris.

It seems this has inspired love sick teenagers to put them everywhere. Just shows you the power of advertising.

On a wharf at Venice, whilst waiting for a transfer, I found a complete set of combination locks for luggage. Needless to say, the combination had never been set from the default 1111.

I like to think I was doing my bit for litter prevention.

. He told us they kept the locks for six months in case they were claimed and then posted the requested one back to the owners!

i thought they threw the keys in the water - think of all the keys building up on the riverbed - or maybe what it would be like if you threw your magnet in

The collection of locks will carry on so why dont CRT advise people to attach lock to lock and the result will be less hassle for themselves , its something that happens around the world at tourist spots

The locks have names messages etched on them , generally about love.

...and the couple then secure the lock and throw the keys into the river, so it can't be unlocked. Symbolising the strength of their love, or something.

Maybe a combination lock is just hedging their bets!

There are a couple on the Chirk Aqueduct

...and are they attaching a lock to it?

That song was sung by a lady who was originally with an act called " I can Turn a corner"?

CT

Many a true word...

Corner.jpg

Edited by Athy

I thought he was a fan of the new mods.

Oooh, miaoowww! Have a catto, er, locko, er, greeno, that's the one.

And there was I thinking this topic was going to be about the OP's enthusiasm for the Tardebigge flight tongue.png

I thought he was a convert to Rastafarianism.