easter weekend

Featured Posts

What has everyone got planned for the upcoming Easter weekend?

The wife and I shall be heading to Bugsworth Basin for a shandy or two in the Navigation

Absolutely not under any circumstances taking the boat out!!

Tim

The wife and I shall be heading to Bugsworth Basin for a shandy or two in the Navigation

Cornwall (not in a boat obvs, we are dragging the 'tin snail' instead) - breaking the journey at Moreton-in Marsh in the Cotswolds. Going for two weeks not just the weekend.

Edited by MJG

Down the South Stratford, onto the Avon, and then down the Severn to Gloucester and Sharpness, subject to the rivers behaving themselves of course.

A trip back up the Severn to Worcester is on the agenda too.

All the above is subject to alteration, up to and including the time of departure!

Such is the joy of owning your own boat.

smile.pngboat.gifsmile.png

Go to Cropredy in car Friday. Discover if boat, unseen since December, is still there. If so, clean same, add water and possibly go for day trip to warm engine up. Discover if Brasenose Arms, unseen since December, is still there. Return to Fens Monday.

...is roughly the plan!

Pray for good weather, then normal ritual, wake up, have tea in bed, read telegraph 'Obits' column if no mention, realise I am alive, get up, and eventually wonder over to the boat and watch all the poor sods cruising on the canal.

I stay moored, they can have their fun, after all they have to be back at work shortly, I'm still on holiday.......

I do hope my prayers for good weather are answered .....

L

PS - Ooops forgot Church on Easter Sunday.

Definitely heading out - grab it when we can (him outdoors works). Not far - just along to a favourite spot with friends and their boats I expect. With much easter egg hunting and beer swilling!

Don't forget it's the Bugsworth water gala that weekend see linky http://www.buxworthgala.org/ so it might be a bit busy.

We are going for our traditional Easter Saturday in the Vale at Bollington. We will wave as we pass you.

Go to Cropredy in car Friday. Discover if boat, unseen since December, is still there. If so, clean same, add water and possibly go for day trip to warm engine up. Discover if Brasenose Arms, unseen since December, is still there. Return to Fens Monday.

...is roughly the plan!

The Brasenose is still there biggrin.png The crappy Red Lion is closed again.

Tim

The Brasenose is still there biggrin.png The crappy Red Lion is closed again.

Tim

Oh, you've spoilt the surprise!

For some reason I've never liked the Red Lion as much as the Brasenose. It's very pretty, olde-worlde and all that, which normally appeals to me.

Oh, you've spoilt the surprise!

For some reason I've never liked the Red Lion as much as the Brasenose. It's very pretty, olde-worlde and all that, which normally appeals to me.

I am the same. I never realy liked the Red Lion but always have liked the " Nose " Its often the case that the pubs further away from the canal have to try harder and thus do a better job.

Tim

Going to Nantwich music festival over weekend

We are likely to be in or around Nantwich at this time. Just looked at the website, it seems you pay to go into the venues,pubs, to see the bands. How ever prices range from about £14 to £20.

Are there pubs not part of this festival? Does it get really busy? Is it worth avoiding Nantwich if you are not partaking?

Martyn

I am the same. I never realy liked the Red Lion but always have liked the " Nose " Its often the case that the pubs further away from the canal have to try harder and thus do a better job.

Tim

It won't take much to try harder than the Red lion owners did... Ian .

Leave Aldermaston ( water levels permitting ) heading all places north , but not in one day . Avoid being run over by Devises to Westminster canoe race . Turn left when we get to the Thames .Bunny