Licence renewal

haggis

Featured Posts

How much notice do C&RT give you to renew your licence? I seem to remember reading on here that it was about 6 weeks and if that is the case, I feel a phone call coming on! We bought Kelpie just under a year ago and licenced her from 1st of March and as we want to get the early payment discount, we need to renew before the end of February. Haven't had any communication from C & RT yet . Should we have?

Thanks, haggis

Thanks folks, I will phone them tomorrow as I obviously should have had something by now. I haven't changed my email address but rather worryingly, when I tried to log in on the C & RT web site it said that that email address was blocked!

I am sure it will all be sorted out.

Thanks again,. Haggis

Thanks folks, I will phone them tomorrow as I obviously should have had something by now. I haven't changed my email address but rather worryingly, when I tried to log in on the C & RT web site it said that that email address was blocked!

I am sure it will all be sorted out.

Thanks again,. Haggis

Are you on restricted licence? They sometimes block accounts of people "under enforcement"

How much notice do C&RT give you to renew your licence? I seem to remember reading on here that it was about 6 weeks and if that is the case, I feel a phone call coming on! We bought Kelpie just under a year ago and licenced her from 1st of March and as we want to get the early payment discount, we need to renew before the end of February. Haven't had any communication from C & RT yet . Should we have?

Thanks, haggis

Probably sent the renewal to Ken

Thanks, haggis

If it's any consolation, my licence runs out the end of February and I haven't heard from C&RT yet. You are not alone!

Ours ran out at the end of January and we didn't get a reminder this year for the first time.

Fortunately it was on our radar so we phoned them in good time to qualify for early settlement. We've given up trying to renew online - it's never worked for us.

This topic reminded me that my licence was due for renewal Just tried to do it on line but failed. Gave up and phoned them. Turned out that the new BSS issued last summer had not been noted on my details. I now have a new licence and £840 less in the bank.

For some reason I can't insert a smilie

Frank

Shouldn't one leave it until the last day, then try the online system, find there is a glitch in the system so you can't get your licence. After you have lost your prompt payment discount shout its all CaRTs fault?

Edited by Loddon

I recently asked CaRT for details of their last two calendar years' moitoring of my boat.

The reply I got said that my query had been passed to the enforcement officer for the area in which my boat was last sighted and that he would respond. Subsequent to that I have heard nothing.

How do I officially request a copy of the sightings information which CRT have collected for my boat?

I think CaRT should already be treating your request as a subject access request under the Data Protection Act. They should provide the data you have asked for promptly (or explain why they are exempt from providing it) and, in any case, respond within 40 calendar days. They can make a small charge.

I suggest a polite reminder. If the information is not forthcoming then your can progress it via CaRT's internal complaints procedure or the Information Commissioner.

It sounds to me as if you have been fobbed off. Somebody has to access a computer system to get details of your last sighting to identify the responsible enforcement officer. If they can do that, then there is no reason why they can't access the previous records and send them to you!

(I suspect it might be standard procedure to inform an enforcement officer that someone on his or her patch has asked for sighting records. If for no other reason, it flags up to the EO that this might be a boat to keep an eye on).