Sponsor a stretch of CRT land for a year.

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

Winding through 2,000 miles of beautiful countryside and vibrant cities, our unique network of canals and rivers offer a haven for people and nature alike.

By supporting your favourite stretch, you’ll be helping ensure these historic treasures, and the habitats they provide, are kept safe for generations to come. We promise that your donation will be used to conserve, restore or enhance our canals and rivers or to educate people about them, but it will not be specific to the upkeep of your stretch.

You’ll get a dedicated certification page on the site for a whole year and we’ll email your certificate to you too, as well as sending you updates about all the latest events and activities on the waterways. We can't wait to hear why you love your stretch!

http://lovemystretch.canalrivertrust.org.uk/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=London_MyStretch_0901

What if someone already has the stretch you want to sponsor?

Mind you, you do get an endorsement from Richard Parry, a stamp and his signature in return.

It's a little bit on the lines of 'adopt a station'. Now that is a good idea because the sponsors actually help keep the stations looking good. Also, you can have more than one sponsor per station.

The problem with doing this on the canal network is that I'm not actually convinced CRT want to improve the network. The extra funds are more likely to be used for enforcement at the moment.

What if someone already has the stretch you want to sponsor?

Mind you, you do get an endorsement from Richard Parry, a stamp and his signature in return.

It's a little bit on the lines of 'adopt a station'. Now that is a good idea because the sponsors actually help keep the stations looking good. Also, you can have more than one sponsor per station.

The problem with doing this on the canal network is that I'm not actually convinced CRT want to improve the network. The extra funds are more likely to be used for enforcement at the moment.

Yes that would make sense. As soon as a CMer colonises the bank on an 'owned for a year' section, CRT hope the 'owner' will be on the phone dobbing them in...

Saves money on data loggers, see?

Will the certificates be as good a quality as the licences? knocked out of a b/w photocopier shy of ink?

You will be linked to a web-page where it is claimed you will be able to print your own, but the link will actually yield a "404 - Page Not Found".........

Winding through 2,000 miles of beautiful countryside and vibrant cities, our unique network of canals and rivers offer a haven for people and nature alike.

By supporting your favourite stretch, you’ll be helping ensure these historic treasures, and the habitats they provide, are kept safe for generations to come. We promise that your donation will be used to conserve, restore or enhance our canals and rivers or to educate people about them, but it will not be specific to the upkeep of your stretch.

You’ll get a dedicated certification page on the site for a whole year and we’ll email your certificate to you too, as well as sending you updates about all the latest events and activities on the waterways. We can't wait to hear why you love your stretch!

http://lovemystretch.canalrivertrust.org.uk/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=London_MyStretch_0901

frusty.giffrusty.gif

This would appeal to people like my sister who sponsored a Donkey on the Isle of Wight.

She would get news letter about him/her depending on which donkey needed supporting.

It all went quiet and she mentioned this to me. I just said, "E'or, E'or to have written by now"!

Back to topic, good fund raising idea that would apeal to those not directly involved in the system like many of us. I'm sure there will be conditions regarding mooring rights and such.

If anyone is interested, you can buy a stretch of my garden for a year. I'll give you a certificate. I'll text you everytime I cut the grass. £5K - bargain.

Surely you should be texting the one year owner telling them the grass needs cutting!