What Lies On The Bottom?

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

The other morning we were moored about 5 boat lengths past the western end of Islington tunnel just before the bridge, with one boat moored in front of us.

As we were having our morning cofee...tap tap tap on the side of the boat...the police nicely asking us to move on as they had divers coming in 20 min-1/2 hour that needed to go into the water where our boat was moored.

Turns out they were searching that stretch of canal for a murder weapon. They had so far, in previous days searched the stretch from the tunnel to where we were moored and so far had found:

A cross bow

A axe

5 guns

Assorted knives

Non of which were the particular weapon they were looking for.

I appreciate, sometimes I go through life with "rose colored glasses" on, but does anyone else not thing this is a massive number of weapons to find in what seems to me to be a very short section of London canal?

Just glad to be back on the Grand Union cool.png

That's LONDON for you a lovely place .
Nothing like Manchester where all you get are bodies.

now to put people right I did put LONDISTAN originally as it is a truly multicultural place which I suppose it always has been.

I grew up in Cleethorpes/Grimsby another truly multicultural place being a port and seaside resort though mainly people from the north of the northern hemisphere like USSR Iceland Norway Scotland Finland Denmark Ireland Wales Doncaster Barnsley we did have Black people they where called Coal miners and they came to the coast for fresh air and fun .

Some people though on this Forum see bad in everything and I seriously pity their narrow look on life they obviously went to the school of PC.

Edited by b0atman

Common enough occurrence.

I was once asked to allow a gaggle of rozzers on the front of my tug deck in order to explore the off side at Little Venice. Seems they were looking for a body, but not the one they found.

In Braunston I understand its mainly used tea bags

They float.

I tested this only the other day out of the side door. Then put it in the rubbish bin. Peach stones, now, they sink.

N

My Great Great Great Grandmother was found in the Rochdale in 1848:

Manchester Times Saturday, November 4, 1848;

Death from drowning.

On Wednesday night, Mr. Abel Marland, roller maker, Ramsden Wood, and Sarah Priestley, wife of William Priestley, band maker, Ramsden Wood, were seen together at a late hour in Todmorden at the Nelson Inn, and being neighbours it appeared they agreed to go home together. When the got to Copperas House Bridge they either lost their way or went up the canal bank for shortness. They had got a little above the lock near to Smithyholme when they both fell into the water. Abel, by some means or other, got out. He saw the female in the water and jumped in and brought her to the side, but was unable to get her out. He called for assistance, and the woman was got out, but not till 2 o’clock on Thursday morning, when she was found to be quite dead.

Feel free to use the ignore feature if it worries you.

Yes, let's all just ignore racism. What could possibly go wrong?

There's also a "Report" feature, which to my mind is the more appropriate feature to use when a member inexplicably tries to link the presence of weapons in the canal with the fact that London is a bit, well, Muslim-y nowadays.

Yes, let's all just ignore racism. What could possibly go wrong?

There's also a "Report" feature, which to my mind is the more appropriate feature to use when a member inexplicably tries to link the presence of weapons in the canal with the fact that London is a bit, well, Muslim-y nowadays.

I didn't see any mention of "Muslim", except yours of course.

Londistan is not racist only in some peoples minds its a place of multiculturalism or is Pakistan now a not to be mentioned word too what about china town .

PC is Ok when race hatred is the aim of some bigots .

I am 3rd generation Latvian immigrant I Lived in Leicester for a while where . I worked with a Indian great guy who I introduced to Chinese and thai food.

I think that some people need to get a grip on life.

• Greenie 3

One extra point I had a great chat the other day with a fellow who had a better tan than me (although I am getting there) he was the type that has a beard and a turban thingy on his head he has been trying to get a couple of his friends to hire a boat with him so I adviced him about rings said four counties was a good one .

Religion did not seem to come up in the conversation so did I do wrong ?

Tread carefully on the references to race, chaps.

I am keeping a close eye on this one and will alert the rest of the crew.

N