Worcester & Birmingham, ufn btwn Gas st & Granville St

springy

Featured Posts

I can tell from what you're saying that you have pretty much no idea what the situation here is. I do because I'm here. Following the helpful suggestion from a certain commercial boater, the dams were introduced. This has not made any difference at all to that boater and whether or not CRT took his advice also wouldn't have made any difference to him. Perhaps you need to consider that people might just want to be helpful, and don't necessarily need a selfish motive.

p.s. You still haven't answered my question.

This one "Have you even been here in the last few days and measured the rate of leakage from the stop lock yourself?"

In fact I know precisely what the situation is, but as I said before, you just carry on believing what you do if it makes you happy. . . . and as I also said before . . . what question ?

Edited by Tony Dunkley

I give up! You win Tony! I bow to your obvious psychic abilities. Even though you seem to have some kind of selective ability to read!

Since you're determined to ignore my last question. Here's another - please explain what the commercial boater stood to gain by pointing out the risk to the pontoon, without making you look any more foolish?

I give up! You win Tony! I bow to your obvious psychic abilities. Even though you seem to have some kind of selective ability to read!

Since you're determined to ignore my last question. Here's another - please explain what the commercial boater stood to gain by pointing out the risk to the pontoon, without making you look any more foolish?

There's nothing the least bit 'psychic' about it, just a matter of knowing the place, and Graham Wigley, very well.

There's nothing the least bit 'psychic' about it, just a matter of knowing the place, and Graham Wigley, very well.

So, can I just clarify something: You're suggesting that a person you've named has attempted to, and succeeded in, manipulating an operation by CRT which has resulted in additional cost to that organisation. And he's done it for some personal gain.

1. I'll ask again; what reason might he have had to do this?

and

2. Here's a fairly standard definition of libel "Libel is a method of defamation expressed by print, writing, pictures, signs, effigies, or any communication embodied in physical form that is injurious to a person's reputation, exposes a person to public hatred, contempt or ridicule, or injures a person in his/her business or profession."

So, can I just clarify something: You're suggesting that a person you've named has attempted to, and succeeded in, manipulating an operation by CRT which has resulted in additional cost to that organisation. And he's done it for some personal gain.

1. I'll ask again; what reason might he have had to do this?

and

2. Here's a fairly standard definition of libel "Libel is a method of defamation expressed by print, writing, pictures, signs, effigies, or any communication embodied in physical form that is injurious to a person's reputation, exposes a person to public hatred, contempt or ridicule, or injures a person in his/her business or profession."

No, I haven't suggested that . . . . you just have.

Why don't you go and ask Graham what he thinks about what I've actually said . . . . . I'm sure it'll make him laugh . . . . remember me to him while you're at it, it's a long time since I last saw him.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

one last try and then i'm off:

Question 1: Have you been down here in the last few days and checked the flow through the stop lock?

Question 2: When you say that Graham would have a reason for suggesting the problem with the pontoon, what reason are you referring to?

You've evaded both these questions so far. If you don't give straight answers then I'll have to assume you don't have anything useful or sensible to say.

p.s. You still haven't answered my question.

This one "Have you even been here in the last few days and measured the rate of leakage from the stop lock yourself?"

There's no need to 'measure ', or even look at , anything . . . . leaking stanks can always be fixed . . . . if you know how. . . . C&RT obviously don't.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

There's no need to 'measure ', or even look at , anything . . . . leaking stanks can always be fixed . . . . if you know how.

This is like trying to teach a cat to play fetch!

I never suggested anything to the contrary. I asked that question because you suggested that the stop lock was leaking too much. That's why I asked.

I am convinced some people are just a***s & will argue black is white for the hell of it .It doesn't come across as helpful,it just comes across as being awkward for the sake of it (not just in this thread but in lots of others ).I do not claim that CRT are perfect but at least I (and others give them a chance)

Trina

This is like trying to teach a cat to play fetch!

I never suggested anything to the contrary. I asked that question because you suggested that the stop lock was leaking too much. That's why I asked.

Well, the leaks that were beating the pumps when they first tried had to be either at the Bar lock or at the next bridge round the turn, . . . . unless you can think of anywhere else it'd be coming from . . . . up from the railway tunnel perhaps ?

I am convinced some people are just a***s & will argue black is white for the hell of it .It doesn't come across as helpful,it just comes across as being awkward for the sake of it (not just in this thread but in lots of others ).I do not claim that CRT are perfect but at least I (and others give them a chance)

Trina

That's it exactly. CRT made a bit of a pigs ear of things to start with but they've come good and got things sorted now.

We were planning to be heading down that way on the Main Line in a few days - what is the mooring sitch locally now? Still plenty of space or are the ringside seats filling up to watch the action?

There's always room in Brum. Especially in Feb. Space on the mainline and Oozels loop. Theo might be able to tell what Cambrian Wharf is like. It looked busy when I last walked past.

We did a friends wedding yesterday. Was a great day. We took the bride and groom and a few family members from the ceremony in Lincoln to their reception at the Pyewipe.

FB_IMG_1424595811129_1.jpg

Whilst we were waiting we had a few enquiries as to how much we charged for the service!

Who got married, . . . . . . was it the milkman and the traffic warden ?

Edited by Tony Dunkley

Trina

That's a point of view shared by a great many gullible people who are consistently fooled by C&RT.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

God, give it a rest!!

You repeat it so often it is boring!!

Oh dear, even God appears to be upsetting you now , . . . . has he been complaining about C&RT trying to do a 'Moses' in Birmingham ?

Edited by Tony Dunkley

I'm waiting to see what's causing the leak . Im not a civil engineer and not especially knowledgable about canal infrastructure either. We're I not booked for something else I would be up into Brum to have a look and see for myself.

Just occurred to me , how is Worcester Bar constructed. Could there be lots of leakage through it . I'm sort of imagining a stone built structure like a cavity wall with a rubble infill maybe .

Can anybody enlighten me .

Interesting artefact in the photo, it does look like a hoop off a boat .

Edited by madcat

I'm waiting to see what's causing the leak . Im not a civil engineer and not especially knowledgable about canal infrastructure either. We're I not booked for something else I would be up into Brum to have a look and see for myself.

Just occurred to me , how is Worcester Bar constructed. Could there be lots of leakage through it . I'm sort of imagining a stone built structure like a cavity wall with a rubble infill maybe .

Interesting artefact in the photo, it does look like a hoop off a boat .

I am not sure about how the bar was built, but your idea sounds likely to me. Unlike most lock walls it will not have been drained or examined for leaks or failing brickwork either since who knows how long.

At one time, it was supposed to have been water retaining as it was the divider between the BCN and the W&B. Now, exactly how well it retained water back then is anyone's guess, and how it is today another matter altogether

Richard