Selling up........finally...

Featured Posts

Finally after a lot of deliberation we have come to the decision to sell 'The Dog House'. This may not be a surprise to some on here as we have ummed and arrd about it for a long while now.

Things change, and our circumstances most certainly have meaning this year and next and beyond we are likely to get little use out of the boat. A boat is an expensive commodity to sit about not being used as people will know.

We don't feel particularly sad as we are 100% sure it is the right time to sell, we have really enjoyed our four and a half years but we know it's time to move on.

So, all being well 'The Dog house' will be for sale mid to late March and will be being brokered by Rugby boats who we bought it from in 2010.

Good decision with all those lovely French waterways glinting in the sun at you.

:clapping:

We shall see what the next chapter brings. Seeing more of Europe is definitely on the cards be it over water or over land.

A big decision, but one I know you have both thought long and hard about.

Time to move on to new and exciting adventures.

Hopefully The Dog House will sell quickly for you and you can move on to pastures new.

I do hope that you will pop in from time to time to let us know how you are getting on.

How about reinvesting some of the proceeds in a share of a boat?

Not for me.

If we invest anything back it will be into the occasional hire boat holiday.

Did you end up doing what you wanted on the boat/cruising as much of the system as you'd hoped?

Not at all, we enjoyed what we did though.

A big decision, but one I know you have both thought long and hard about.

Time to move on to new and exciting adventures.

Hopefully The Dog House will sell quickly for you and you can move on to pastures new.

I do hope that you will pop in from time to time to let us know how you are getting on.

Cheers.

Sorry to hear that Martin, I remember that you talked about it last year I hope that you will stay on in here as I for one would miss your input

Peter

Thanks. I was on here in 2006, four years before we bought The Dog House as we were serial hire boaters so am likely to still be around as we will,likely be doing the odd hire boat holiday.

Thanks guys.

I'm actually quite looking forward to meeting the first shiny boat owner that looks down their nose at me on a hire boat, telling me what to do at a lock, that should be quite funny if it happens.

PS - I will of course be flying a very large 'Jolly Roger' as well..

Edited by MJG

Thanks guys.

I'm actually quite looking forward to meeting the first shiny boat owner that looks down their nose at me on a hire boat, telling me what to do at a lock, that should be quite funny if it happens.

PS - I will of course be flying a very large 'Jolly Roger' as well..

In which case you can expect a very long sneer from me if I happen to see you! tongue.png

Best wishes and good luck with whatever you choose to do instead of owning a boat. cheers.gif

Edited by blackrose

That is an interesting point. I reckon it's like how, when you visit a place, you pack in seeing all of the sights into your one week or however long... But when you live in a city, say, London, you can be there for years and yet never seem to get round to it, because it will be there tomorrow!

Best wishes with it all Martin, I am sure you won't find it too hard to borrow a boat now and then!

Have sales details appeared on a brokerage site yet or are you selling privately? There are one or two long-term boatseekers on CWF who might be interested.

The boat is being moved (by Matty of this parish) down to Rugby Boats at Stowe Hill next month. Weather and therefore water levels permitting it should be on brokerage with Dominic by the end of that month.

Here's a question - are you glad you owned or do you wish you had carried on hiring?

We gave up hiring boats out to do more boating and erm.....managed 7 nights aboard in 12 months - so that didn't quite work.

On balance we are happy to have owned, particularly when we were using the boat a lot. Having the flexibility of just saying 'shall we go boating in the morning' counted for a lot. The last couple of months have been different. We were always keen winter boaters but haven't been this winter. Edited by MJG