66% of continuous cruisers travel less than 12 miles.

Peter Cruiser

Featured Posts

I don't really care how far they move , its not my business , I cant recall any being in my way or interfering in what I do , I can be one but it suits me to pay for a home mooring .

to add - so what twelve miles is pie run to wigan and back.

Edited by gaggle

Only 400 miles? That's nothing. I know a bloke who did over 700. You've got a lot of catching up to do... icecream.gif

Only 700 miles? We did very nearly double that last year......

........ Oh hang on a minute - I'm only a leisure boater!

As noted from NABOs meeting minutes with CRT. This summer from the start of one winter mooring to the next, l cruised over 400 miles, l wonder what the percentage is of other ccer's who also cover such distances?

Given the 66% figure, people like you cannot possibly exceed 37% of CCers and that is ignoring any cruising more than 12 miles but less than 400.

George ex nb Alton retired

Well I care A LOT about how much CCers move, or don't.

Firstly, if more are forced to move or get a mooring, some might get a mooring which will increase demand for moorings making them more expensive for everyone, including me.

Secondly as I rarely use mine, if I can get way with moving 12 miles a year as a CCer too, I may well decide to give up my mooring too. So I keep a careful eye on the cruising patterns that CCers get away with, or don't.

:)

MtB

I have no idea where the statistic the OP has given comes from but I wonder if it means that 66% of CCers stay within a 12 mile radius or similar?

They could travel many miles in a year in terms of single journeys say to a rubbish or water point each week or so but are still staying within a small area. As say I have no knowledge of the stats just pondering.

I have no idea where the statistic the OP has given comes from but I wonder if it means that 66% of CCers stay within a 12 mile radius or similar?

They could travel many miles in a year in terms of single journeys say to a rubbish or water point each week or so but are still staying within a small area. As say I have no knowledge of the stats just pondering.

You will find out tomorrow in CRT's press release I am told.

The figure comes from a meeting recently with Denise Yelland and the associations.

Your second sentence more or less sums it up.

It's easy for people to say they did several hundred miles in a year, even by doing a 3-4 week cruise.

I don't think the trust will accept this particular pattern of hanging around an area for 10 months anymore.

The figure comes from a meeting recently with Denise Yelland and the associations.

It's easy for people to say they did several hundred miles in a year, even by doing a 3-4 week cruise.

I don't think the trust will accept this particular pattern of hanging around an area for 10 months anymore.

good

Yes they do.

Have you forgotten the mega-thread where someone was objecting to being asked for evidence they CCed up and down between Oxford and Aynho? CRT were saying this was fine, provided the boater produced evidence. Boater was claiming this amounted to harassment. (Gift horse in the mouth or what?!)

MtB