BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Designated drivers for Team Poppycat set off this morning to the secret start location (hint - where is Ian's favouritest place on the BCN?). Crew will show up when our dinner's ready and wine is suitably chilled. Our route is defined this year by food and drink options, not points.

I shall be interested to hear details for the BCN gourmands competition

We have fruit cake

Richard

:-) after stopping at a lovely lickle wharf last night, had a scummy mea:-B

Dl in the pub, then popped to the cinema. Bossy Pykey moved us near to a massive shopping centre, and we went for a mini mooch around, lovely historic place.

We have only seen 3 other boats. But none on the challenge.

Apparently Paul C, according to BP.

Must have passed the boat moored up, whilst we were out gallivanting.

Enjoy the fun everyone :-)

Re: culinary delights to be prepared by moi....dripping and salt sarnies

Doh!! As we type, BP chatting to another boater

Who turns out to be Paul C.

Updates from the city centre:

Firefly gone...

Vox Stellarium left early afternoon...

Old Friends still here...

Tug Joanna awaiting rendezvous with butty then leaving...

Beau...hidden in parallel dimension, tunnel light not working, many other jobs still await. No bunting as yet.... No crocodiles or sharks, sorry Matty.

Edit: Dotterel just reached Cambrian Wharf, heading west.

Edited by Dave_P

Just in case it gets lost amongst the other posts, and thanks to Purple Fairies for posting it for me, now that we've stopped for the afternoon I'll repeat the info that as we came past Bromford Junction there was a notice pinned to the bottom gates saying that Spon Lane flight was closed.

CRT staff on the work boats had no knowledge of any problem at Spon Lane locks when asked at lunchtime

Interesting. It wasn't just the notice, as we approached Bromford junction our way was suddenly blocked by a hire boat reversing back on to the main line, who had turned up there and stopped on the lock mooring then walked up to the gates with windlasses and found the sign saying the flight was closed.

Dotterel now moored in the Oozle Street Loop. Team now in a pub for lunch. We are moored in front of Laurie's boat Clarrie and behind Vulcan. However, they are both facing the other way! Cheers Graham

A cunning diversion surely?

I'm on my way to the pub. No more updates from me for a while.

I hope Sally team Firefly has some chocolate cake for Sunday afternoon. I'm at the airport, the fog has lifted and although we might be slightly late leaving I will be on the boat this evening. I need a large gin. (Or 4)

Interesting. It wasn't just the notice, as we approached Bromford junction our way was suddenly blocked by a hire boat reversing back on to the main line, who had turned up there and stopped on the lock mooring then walked up to the gates with windlasses and found the sign saying the flight was closed.

I have just spoken to CRT about the notice at the bottom of Spon Lane locks. It is a notice to tell you that Titford is closed. The guy from the local team who I spoke to assured me that Spon Lane were open and that Titford is the only problem on the BCN. He was well aware of the BCN Challenge taking place, so feel he knew what has was talking about.

I hope Sally team Firefly has some chocolate cake for Sunday afternoon. I'm at the airport, the fog has lifted and although we might be slightly late leaving I will be on the boat this evening. I need a large gin. (Or 4)

We have chocolate cake! Good luck with the flight.

The cake

CFnzag4W0AAY_IR.jpg

Edited by john6767

I got it wrong Goliath is behind Dotterel. Team back from lunch. Now waiting for final crew member to arrive. The current crew are shattered having done Napton to here in 48 hrs (yes we did stop to sleep) Our new crew member (Chris who is 4 feet nothing) will be working all the locks and driving. I have every confidence that she will win. Cheers Graham

Dunno

Richard

The "Member's Map" application is now reinstalled and slightly updated. I'm not sure if it did it before, but if you're accessing it from a mobile it can now automatically add your location based on your, ummmm, location.

Feel free to try it out Richard.

The "Member's Map" application is now reinstalled and slightly updated. I'm not sure if it did it before, but if you're accessing it from a mobile it can now automatically add your location based on your, ummmm, location.

Feel free to try it out Richard.

My iPhone isnt showing the location of anyone