BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Boats up to 50ft scored 1 point per mile, boats over 50ft scored 1.3 points per mile.

So 51ft was on the same points as 71ft.

Could be those that did best tried hardest and boated for longest? (and didn't get stuck at the failed Factory Locks, that was our excuse)

Sue

Thanks.

So, (provided they don't change it next year!), getting rid of a 50 foot boat should give us more points per mile then.

Did (ex) working boats get any advantage this year, please?

How did team poppycat get two places in the results?

Because we merged crews I assume. Whereas in fact Poppy should have come a firm last place as it stayed at HP the whole weekend while the Cat went out to play.

Because we merged crews I assume. Whereas in fact Poppy should have come a firm last place as it stayed at HP the whole weekend while the Cat went out to play.

Nonsense. Halsall and Keeping Up have a better claim - they weren't even on the BCN

Richard

Thanks.

So, (provided they don't change it next year!), getting rid of a 50 foot boat should give us more points per mile then.

Did (ex) working boats get any advantage this year, please?

I would not make any difference, a 50ft boat got the same points per mile as a 70ft boat this year. There were no additional points for working/ex-working boats other than for paired boats. I was surprised that the 2 pairs were down at the bottom, with an additional 5 points per mile, ie 6.5 per mile, they could really rack up the points if they put some distance in.

No, that's definitely Richard's hat on Richard's head, I'd recognise the disreputable object anywhere, especially on his head.

Sue

Phew, I can forgive sausage pilfering but hat appropriation is just a step too far.

Oh and thanks for the tow by the way

Phew, I can forgive sausage pilfering but hat appropriation is just a step too far.

Oh and thanks for the tow by the way

And you rewarded us for the tow by drinking the beer before we could get there, hmm there's gratitude for you.sad.png

You could still have been on the Rushall at finish time if we hadn't taken pity on you. (and had a bit of fun it has to be said).

Sue

And you rewarded us for the tow by drinking the beer before we could get there, hmm there's gratitude for you.sad.png

You could still have been on the Rushall at finish time if we hadn't taken pity on you. (and had a bit of fun it has to be said).

Sue

Sorry miss, it wus all that Stars fault

I would not make any difference, a 50ft boat got the same points per mile as a 70ft boat this year. There were no additional points for working/ex-working boats other than for paired boats. I was surprised that the 2 pairs were down at the bottom, with an additional 5 points per mile, ie 6.5 per mile, they could really rack up the points if they put some distance in.

Ah, I misread Sue's post that 50 foot was the lower points per mile, and you needed to be over 50 feet to get the higher.

I now understand exactly 50 feet is the lowest length to qualify for the enhanced points.

Sounds like I just sold what would have been an ideal boat this year, then!

we cut short our intended cruise to make sure we finished on time, recorded as finishing 1.55pm. Beer still available:cheers:

in fact, I believe we would have almost won if we had continued our jouney and been allowed our points to stand like all the other boats who queued up at 4pm.

We probably wouldnl;t have arrived until Monday though.

We did do twice the distance of anyone else though, because I couldn't steer straight :) But at least we didn't start 15 minutes early like one we saw. It would have been a bit hard to do so seeing as we were being photographed at the start. I even had to comb my hair, and Matty40s had to pose opening the envelope. Should have got bonus points for that!

Ah, I misread Sue's post that 50 foot was the lower points per mile, and you needed to be over 50 feet to get the higher.

I now understand exactly 50 feet is the lowest length to qualify for the enhanced points.

Sounds like I just sold what would have been an ideal boat this year, then!

The wording was a bit ambiguous, but as our boat is 50ft I checked it with the organisers, and 50ft was in the higher point category. Therefore we went for a distance route this year as opposed to last years 83 lock route (when 50ft got a poor points per mile rate). But the poor state of the W&E rather foiled that and at times on the Saturday we were wishing we had gone for locks rather than trudging through a rubbish dump.

My guess is everyone was hit by some kind of problems, so you didn't lose out too much

Richard

Speak for yourself. The only problem we had was what to have for dinner in Ma Pardoe's. wink.png

32 IAN HINDLE THE CAT WHO WALKS BY HIMSELF 126.3

Did I just get doxxed? No worries, it's not the issue it once was.

Especially as the contest was so close, Nuneaton and Brighton pose a serious threat!

I reckon if not for the butty they might have done it.

............Dave

This year was only a sighting run for us, next year we will be after Lauries crown with a vengeance. Our plan of stopping at old turn at about 4 o'clock was obviously to late as we only managed to get into three pubs. We also took the butty along the engine arm to lose more time ( or did we not read the rules about that ).

How about some donations from the early / on time finishers for us holding a lot up and leaving you with more beer to drink !!

Regards to all

Barry and crew

Narrowboat Trust