BCN Challenge 2015

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Well we finally arrived at our start point! So much for our early night tonight! We seem to have a persistent air leak on the fuel system that means we have to bleed it through every hour or so. Had another go at fixing it tonight so we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Best of luck to all other crews. Best get some sleep before tomorrow now. Night night.

Nameless boat and Goliath also to Cambrian. Old Fiends turning at Old Turn. There's gonna be a fair old queue down Farmers Bridge. Should have gone to Aston Junction last night.

;-) ahoy fellow challengers :-)

Hmm..after finding our secret spot!!! Discovered 2 other challengers, after threatening them to walk the plank, to reveal their route, B-)

To no avail :-B. We all just had a chinwag.

To fellow Captain ;-) lovely chatting and reminiscing about the bcn, many moons ago.

Have a lot of fun everyone

:-)

I can now reveal our secret start location as..............

DSC_6216%20reduced_zps98b9pu7o.jpg

Bradley Workshops. We just about managed to get up at 8am but no where near actually leaving yet....might do in around the next hour though....or maybe not (best of luck trying to get the wooden spoon if we do that, Laurie!!!!)

TTO started at Typhoo Basin, we are now on Garrison lock 3. Just passed Davehull, an unlisted forum challenger in both the wooden spoon and biggest dog categories

Richard

Textbook BCN newbie error

Has anyone filled Perry Barr flight yet?

Richard

Reminder: two objectives this year.

1. Drink at the Manor Arms.

2. Do bits I haven't done before.

(We let them go first)

Reminder: two objectives this year.

1. Drink at the Manor Arms.

2. Do bits I haven't done before.

(We let them go first)

Top work. TTO approaching Salford Junction. I have just seen a CRT 'Discover Nechells' sign.

Richard

Getting out of the Bradley Workshops Arm was literally 3 times quicker than coming in last night - I think we've cleared a path through the weeds and did a pretty good job last night of chopping them all up, and they've now fallen to the bottom of the canal.