Best marina youve stayed on on the system?

TaffyRon

Featured Posts

Northwich Quay Marina is our latest stop and has none of the disadvantages of a "normal" marina as its fully open to the River Weaver, the folk on here are great

Its very quiet and its a town centre location with a Waitrose 100 yds away, miles of country walks good transport both road and rail and the cathedral of the canals a a few mins away

Happy to stay for a while

Ray

Another vote for Mercia Marina here, well run and in a good location.

And of course we've got the Boardwalk now. Real ale pub with bistro upstairs, bar snacks downstairs, The Butcher, The Baker Farm Shop as at Barton plus some boutique type shops.

we don't do marinas, they feel like floating caravan parks. zero privacy with your neighbour just a couple of feet away. we stayed in a marina for a while and felt boxed in with no space to breath and we couldn't wait to leave. we now have a private online mooring conveniently outside a pub :-))

However, i must say that despite all the negative reports we had prior to moving in our stay at Fettlers wharf marina was enjoyable. it's a lovely peaceful location and the marina is well maintained. Just don't get on the wrong side of the owner.

we are liveaboards btw.

I have stayed in a few marinas during my time aboard but always seem to return to my present location. Although not really a "marina" it has the facilities close by, water rubbish and elsan.

There is a great community, everyone helps each other, they would even give you the shirt off their back and the lack of restaurant on site is made up by the large amount of people who insist on feeding me.

There is a local shop open during the summer in walking distance and a few good pubs which serve very nice food. You can park your car and get mail.

The views from my boat are great, across open fields and unless someone takes a wrong turn, no one goes speeding past and pulls your pins out!!

The travel links are also close by and I am less than 20 minutes away from the madness that is Milton Keynes.

Springwood Haven, whose virtues have recently been extolled in a different thread.

From memory, they charged £300 non-returnable key money some 15 years ago. But if we ever want to moor there again we shall not have to pay a second time.