tomorrow is light fire day

b0atman

Featured Posts

Well if forecast is right October the 4th is rain all day and down to 4deg C at night so Fire laid and matches at ready .But will met office be right ?

. Likewise I have been collecting wood for a few months and the boat and house are well stocked the Fire is laid and awaits the match if the forecast is right

Raining here since mid-morning, but not cold. The central heating will come on when it needs to, that's a nice thing about a house. Gas, water and electric coming in, mains drainage going out, but it has its downside. If I look out of my front window, I see cars and a boring building across the road. Most of you see water, some offside vegetation and the occasional duck or passing boat. The back's not bad, my garden is not as classy looking as Mark99's, but pleasant enough. Fortunately I see an empty washing line; my son got up before me and brought my washing in just as the rain began. I also see my half-built second shed with a tarp over it, not much likely to happen on that today.

Well its kinda nippy here in wales as I'm still de-artexing house on Hill renovation project which family believe is beneficial to my health...boat though all ready with wood..check, firelighters...check, matches ...check all it needs is little me and planned escape up there oh so soon. I am packed and ready.

Have lit fire here to dry out damp which creeps up walls, a little frog hopped over lounge floor and slugs slither in bathroom...yukky yuk--

Autumn mists preclude winters freeze.

Have large supply wood since burning all I rip out.

Yes we lit the stove today. I even had to put socks on today! I have been resisting wearing anything but sandals for months now.

An advantage of a proper forecast means we were prepared. I had beef, shallots, smoked lardons, button mushrooms and wine in store to ensure our first stovetop cooked meal of the season was a good one.The boeuf borgignon was bubbling all afternoon and .. golly it tasted good :)

Goodbye summer, it has been wonderful to have known you. Please ensure you come and visit us again next year after winter frosts have done their cleansing of our land and the rain has replenished the reservoirs

Yes we lit the stove today. I even had to put socks on today! I have been resisting wearing anything but sandals for months now.

An advantage of a proper forecast means we were prepared. I had beef, shallots, smoked lardons, button mushrooms and wine in store to ensure our first stovetop cooked meal of the season was a good one.The boeuf borgignon was bubbling all afternoon and .. golly it tasted good :)

Goodbye summer, it has been wonderful to have known you. Please ensure you come and visit us again next year after winter frosts have done their cleansing of our land and the rain has replenished the reservoirs

We certainly need some sharp frosts to thin out the biting bug population, worst year I can remember for varmints (worse for us, not them)

Phil

I will probably light my fire tomorrow as I have extended my gravity heating system to 300mm high by 900 wide rads and 3 of them, 2 doubles.
I extended it as I'm going to eventually refit the bathroom as a walk through, so rad in there then a rad in the bedroom as having no corridor and 2 doors between needs a heat source.

Just got to fill it up and test it tomorrowcheers.gif Have my 2kw oil filled rad on full blast but not as warm as I would like.

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?