My boat has sunk in Kingston (1939 ww2 wooden motor cruiser)

Marcuswarry

Featured Posts

Excellent news, congratations!!!

Now I think the insurance company that funded this deserves a mention. Who are they??

MtB

And also a big hand for the salvage team who obviously knew what they were doing.

Name and praise I suggest!

MtB

Excellent news, congratations!!!

Now I think the insurance company that funded this deserves a mention. Who are they??

MtBAnd also a big hand for the salvage team who obviously knew what they were doing.

Name and praise I suggest!

MtB

Agreed would be good to know

I'm delighted to announce that the insurance company, who have been a delight to deal with where 'basic boat liability'... And the salvage team, also top blokes... Were from Essex marina.

A big thank you to them, and a strong Recommendation from me, should you need either!

Marcus

X

Well done Marcus and everyone who gave help, advice and support. Most of all though to you and your determination to sort this and save this lovely old boat. You were the subject of a long topic of discussion in the pub last night here in the north west in Blackburn....and quite a few weren't even boaters.

When will the book be published?..I bet you could find a ghost writer here in the forum!:-)

Haha! I am going to start a blog for starters... And see where that takes me! It has been one hell of an adventure so far!! No big regrets really.. And I can honestly say that the amazing warmth shown on this thread has almost made the whole thing worthwhile! Glad to be a boater, and to have met so many of you too, and especially glad to have a boat that is now above the waterline... Mxxx

• Greenie 1

I think there's an argument for fixing up the inside, keeping the exterior like that for a while and cruising up and down the posh parts of the Thames (nearly all of it basically) with a very scruffy crew, a sort of zombie look, just for the fun of seeing people's reactions. Maybe you could get film work... some of my son's friends in the Death Metal genre might see it as a good look for a video...

Wow - great stuff.

And good for Basic Boat.

We've been with them for decades and have often recommended them on here.

Thankfully we never needed them but great to know they were there when needed.

Don't forget to now put it on one of the Historic Boat registries and apply for the grants.

Hi everyone!

Thanks!!

Just setting up my new generator now... And got some decent pumps at the ready...

Also, setting up my solar panel & automatic 12v pump...

Also got the inverter ready on the leisure batteries as an additional backup if the generator fails for some reason...

Peter x... Nice idea! I think I have the perfect zombie pirate ship now ... It's just a shame Halloween is nearly two months away!

Peter & Helen, they removed all my plastic and stuff... It's sitting on top of the boat, adding to it's zombie pirate look a present... They used large floatation bags, followed by three large pumps... I'll post videos as soon as I can... I think they were 5 inch pumps.. At least.

Thanks again everyone, and I hope you are all well!

Marcus

X