Unusual or Comical Boat Names - The Best and Worst

Hanzbebe

Featured Posts

My partner's friends' boat is called "Edoba Dexifon" apparently :D

We went for a walk along the cut from the Wharf pub at Fenny Compton yesterday and saw "Klingon" which has some rather excellent airbrushed Klingon (Star Trek) artwork on it.

We also spotted an all black NB with no name or number. It just needed tinted windows to complete the sinister look :D

Ah, but is that one named for the track or the slightly odd chapter of The Wind in the Willows?

Not sure, but the colour of the boat is the same as the album sleeve. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nEmz6v3xc90/U3pagx9HM0I/AAAAAAAAEpE/ZrYhnWjZgIE/s1600/DSCN0351.JPG

http://music.xbox.com/Album/D76F2806-0100-11DB-89CA-0019B92A3933?action=play

If we had our own boat, instead of shareboat I would have used Comfortably Numb, but knowing there is at least 8 of the same name I will have to think of another!

While it is mandatory to display a boat index number, I don't believe there is any prohibition on other numbers? You could cover the boat in numbers. If several did this it would be harder to distinguish between them. Ditto licence squares. As long as you have the right one you could have hundreds of similar fake ones making the right one impossible to find.

While it is mandatory to display a boat index number, I don't believe there is any prohibition on other numbers? You could cover the boat in numbers. If several did this it would be harder to distinguish between them. Ditto licence squares. As long as you have the right one you could have hundreds of similar fake ones making the right one impossible to find.

Which is almost exactly the same as not displaying any number at all.....

Why would you bother??

Its too loos Lautrec I think wink.png

Another french thing

Yep, 'Two Loos Lautrec', the miniscule pump out boat, it was for sale on E-Bay, Mark from Nene Marine bought it and is restoring it and fitting an Ailsa Craig so that he can use it as a breakdown tug.

4821938_orig.jpg

Edited by Chop!

Not sure, but the colour of the boat is the same as the album sleeve. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nEmz6v3xc90/U3pagx9HM0I/AAAAAAAAEpE/ZrYhnWjZgIE/s1600/DSCN0351.JPG

http://music.xbox.com/Album/D76F2806-0100-11DB-89CA-0019B92A3933?action=play

If we had our own boat, instead of shareboat I would have used Comfortably Numb, but knowing there is at least 8 of the same name I will have to think of another!

If I was going to name my boat after a Pink Floyd composition, I'd chose "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict", from the album Ummagumma.

Nice and snappy.

:)

MtB

If I was going to name my boat after a Pink Floyd composition, I'd chose "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict", from the album Ummagumma.

Nice and snappy.

:)

MtB

Careful With That Axe Eugene might be a good one. Possibly keep people at arms length:-)

I'm moored at the entrance to the Wey tonight which reminds me of 'theme names'

My wey

Wey out

Wey in

Wey to go

Which Wey

&c

Ad nauseam

A boat name I do like is 'knot normal'

Great name

And 'idano'

A response to 'what shall we name the yet dear?