BCN Challenge 2015 - 23th to 24th May

RLWP

Featured Posts

BCN Society will hold the BCN 24 Hour Challenge next year on the 23rd & 24th May (Bank Holiday Weekend as usual) and after a successful meeting this morning it has been agreed that the event will finish at the end of the Bradley Arm with boats mooring in the basin & in the canal beyond the Bradley Pump. A possible opening of the workshop is being negotiated on the Sunday afternoon but that's not certain yet it depends on staff and as it is a Bank Holiday their time off must be respected. Further details will follow when they are known.

Please put a note in your diary and watch this space for further information

--

All the best

John

John Carrington

So, who's in then?

Richard

Absolutely me, in own boat this time, but with seasoned Challenge greyhounds on board, of course. Will be cruising between walkies and looking to avoid the wooden spoon, although I understand there is hot competition for the honour. Looking forward to it already

Hopefully, having seen how it is done as part of team Poppy this year, Keeping Up and crew will be there for 2015 with Telford the Dog in charge as Team Telford. The name should give us an extra bonus for the New Main Line.

I will be in, either on my own boat, as crew for someone else (Team Albion again if invited) or maybe see if I can get an entry from the Heritage Working Boat Group so I can use a 70ft working boat and get some bonus points.

Are bears catholic?

Does the Pope relieve himself in the woods?

Team 'Red Wharf', we're in!

ETA: Well I am. I haven't consulted the rest of the crew yet but it's a fair bet they'll be up for it.

smile.png

Edited by Victor Vectis

We'll know for sure nearer the time but definitely interested in doing it all again next year. We MIGHT have a new (to us) boat then, of around 57-62 ft, if so, and if the puppy has grown up into a sensible and moderate, well behaved dog, then we will probably "go for it" in the sense of trying hard to do a full schedule of stuff and boating for the full 24 hours. If we're still in the 45 footer, then will probably just do a bit of this & that and not worry too much about our ranking.

Unless they change the rules....will be interesting what comes out of 40 or so boaters' suggestions.

I think I'd like to, although it's a long way in the future to absolutely commit myself! Won't be in either of my boats I don't think so it would have to be as crew, unless I canoe it or resurrect the car top dinghy at the back of Dad's garage...

I've never done Horsley Fields to Walsall btw... ;)

Nb Gracie will be there with two crew & 2 Cats and 2 Labradors - well.if the 17 year old cats survive another winter. We could do with 2 more crew methinks if anyone would like to help crew a 52 foot, cruiser stern Springer!

Nb Gracie will be there with two crew & 2 Cats and 2 Labradors - well.if the 17 year old cats survive another winter. We could do with 2 more crew methinks if anyone would like to help crew a 52 foot, cruiser stern Springer!

Getting in quick lol.

My plan is to do it as someone's crew 2015 to get a feel for it.

Then do it with my own boat in 2016.

So if nearer the time you need crew just pm me

I think I'd like to, although it's a long way in the future to absolutely commit myself! Won't be in either of my boats I don't think so it would have to be as crew, unless I canoe it or resurrect the car top dinghy at the back of Dad's garage...

I've never done Horsley Fields to Walsall btw... wink.png

How about doing it with me in my 14 foot enterprise. 6 inch draught we can go anywhere. You'd need to make room for Riko though

Its an open boat

Bring waterproofs

I've got a Stuart Turner engine that should fit your enterprise

Richard

Tempting but....

I've got a 4hp outboard

Smudge and I are up for it. Although there might have to be some negotiations as to who we crew for! ;-)

It has been decreed that Old Friends will be taking part in my birfday cruise next year. Kathy missed out on a wonderful event ( except for the end bit) as I was press ganged into a short boat crew as a cat.☺☺:-)

I would love team Albino to come along too. :-)