A tip for lazy dog walkers

pophops

Featured Posts

What IS your problem? Others may find it a small addition to the thread or not as the case may be.

You, on the other hand, have to make some sort of attempted put down comment. No wonder you have over 22,000 posts, 21,900 of them seem to be for some sort of self satisfaction.

George ex nb Alton retired

I have no problem George,

Other than I find dog poo threads utterly boring and unintersting in equal measure with posts like yours

referring to my post count.

Neither are remotely interesting, along with some amateur psycho analysis of my motives for posting on here.

Do you honestly believe there is anything worth discussing beyond dog poo on the the tow path or hung in bags is utterly disgusting?

If so I would love to hear it.

Oh yes sorry forgot the customary greenie when somebody has a pop.. Duly rectified

Edited by The Dog House

I have no problem George,

Other than I find dog poo threads utterly boring and unintersting in equal measure with posts like yours referring to my post count.

Neither are remotely interesting, along with some amateur psycho analysis of my motives for posting on here.

The worst ones though, are the ones that pick it up then just leave the bag they put it in on the floor.

They might as well not have cleared it up in the first place

Agree (I own/walk several dogs.)

What about the folk who let their dogs run on the towpath, while they chug along on the cut. Very irresponsible, owt can happen to that dog.

what like the dog gets to have an enjoyable run.... Need to balance safety with common sense and at least a little bit of freedom surely?

glad its not my job but I have moved the odd bag from by the lock at Tedesley as I like to go there with the kids to watch the boats, its as close as I get at the moment to boating, I was there at the weekend and a chap let my kids have a look in his boat, don't think he is a member on here, hats off to him, he made 3 kids very happy.

Got to be honest, I am the poo fairy it is my job to clear it up

The way to deal with that is to ask nicely and sympathetcally if they have used their last poo bag and to offer them one of mine (I always seem to have them in my pockets even when I have no dogs with me). I haven't had anyone refuse my offer and I take a bit of enjoyment seeing a dog owner picking up when they had no intention of doing it.

haggis

I've done that a few times - not had anyone refuse my offer either :)

don't you just love the people that pick it up then hang the bag on the next tree,:angry:

That horrible habit seems to be less prevalent than hitherto. I have not seen a poofruit bush for ages.

N

Of course the Victorians had a use for it, in leather tanneries, and used to employ children to collect it.

Then some poor sod had to mix it to a paste with water, and knead it into the hides to soften them. Usually with their bare hands, and sometimes in large vats treading it in with bare feet.

It was considered the absolute lowest of the low grade jobs.

Sounds a very suitable punishment for boat vandals!

Just a thought ... which gets the faster response the "dog poo" topic or the "pump out or cassette" topic ....... I think "dog poo" is more popular if you will pardon the phrase!

Any other suggestions for top topic!

Of course the Victorians had a use for it, in leather tanneries, and used to employ children to collect it.

Then some poor sod had to mix it to a paste with water, and knead it into the hides to soften them. Usually with their bare hands, and sometimes in large vats treading it in with bare feet.

It was considered the absolute lowest of the low grade jobs.

Still happening in Portsmouth in the eighties, there was an outside tannery under Copner Bridge. Very smelly! Edited by Felshampo

Other than I find dog poo threads utterly boring and unintersting in equal measure with posts like yours

referring to my post count.

So why do you read them beyond the first post? Masochistic tendencies perhaps?

My dog did it's business outside our boat once whist myself and wife were enjoying the sunshine. As I step into my boat to get a dog bag the fisherman opposite with his 2 daughters must had thought I was doing a runner or the "iphone trick" so shouts at the top of his voice "Your dogs done a massive s**t on the path. Are you going to get it up?" So I felt obliged to tell him I was getting a bag.

It could had quite easily been one of those moments where your eyes are not on the dog for the whole walk/ lounge about and you end up missing the clean up procedure.

I'm sure every dog owner has missed their calling at some point.

My dog did it's business outside our boat once whist myself and wife were enjoying the sunshine. As I step into my boat to get a dog bag the fisherman opposite with his 2 daughters must had thought I was doing a runner or the "iphone trick" so shouts at the top of his voice "Your dogs done a massive s**t on the path. Are you going to get it up?" So I felt obliged to tell him I was getting a bag.

It could had quite easily been one of those moments where your eyes are not on the dog for the whole walk/ lounge about and you end up missing the clean up procedure.

I'm sure every dog owner has missed their calling at some point.

I guess so, but it's the folks that just can't

be bothered that give us all a bad name.

So why do you read them beyond the first post? Masochistic tendencies perhaps?

Not at all. One simply lives in the vain hope somebody may actually come up with an original take on dog poo on the towpath, thus far not though.