ACC -

PiRSqwared

Featured Posts

The ACC has got on really well dealing with/negotiating with CRT so far, and have achieved a great working relationship with them in perpetuity.

Time as they say will tell.

But this latest development would suggest that as well as they may have done there were too many internal wranglings for them to be able to continue with either their current policies/aims or their current leadership or possibly both. They will need to re-group/re-form pretty quickly or I suspect CRT will simply disengage particularly if (as it seems) there is major disagreement and it is not clear if those they are speaking to actually have a mandate to do so.

The ACC has got on really well dealing with/negotiating with CRT so far, and have achieved a great working relationship with them in perpetuity.

It is also fair to say that, even if they do not survive this trip to the dentist, they have at least made the other organisations reexamine how they operate and have forced them into the 20th century (though they still may not be ready for the 21st) to such an extent that I have considered joining the NABO.

That's a brave claim to make!

I'm puzzled though, following a discussion last nite with another forumite. What do the ACC offer their members that NABO and RBOA don't?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

MtB

Do they still have that mandate to negotiate with CRT anymore, following the upset in the founding group?

Who do they represent and on what basis?

BTW - I don't know and am asking? (just in case EmmaB is stalking me)

• Greenie 1

Do they still have that mandate to negotiate with CRT anymore, following the upset in the founding group?

Join the club, I often don't know what I'm asking, Just treat it as a life lesson.

As I have said before they will be in the same position as any other organisation still in the process of setting up.

It is not uncommon for steering committees to change a number of times in the early stages.

• Greenie 1

As a bystander with no 'skin in the game' it just seems to me that the wolves are gathering/vultures are circling.

I hope they can sort it out simply because some people have put a lot work into trying to represent a group within the water world.

Bob

I can't make my mind up . Do I leave the ACC stickers on my windows or do I take them off ???

Why not wait until you hear from the ACC rather than act on tittle tattle.

If you're a member you can join the Facebook ACC which is operating as usual. I believe the main site is being moved at this time.

As usual they've just cut and pasted from existing sources.

"Writes Allan Richards" = CTRL-C CRTL-V

"Copied and pasted by Allan Richards" doesn't sound so professional, does it!

MtB

How about "Plagiarised by...."? smile.png

Actually Allan Richards might have done better had he stuck solely to CTRL-C & CTRL-V, as the bits he has guessed he has wrong.

As I suspected, there is moire than one of the original founder members still on the council/committee (whichever it is called!) - there are two. (That information direct from "Steve Jay", who we happened to meet whilst boating today).

NBW - You read it first somewhere else.

Out boating.......

The world is coming to and end according to some on here and the remaining few are out boating....

What's the world coming to.

Priorities, priorities, priorities(quote Cameron)

Hope you all enjoyed boating today in this stinking hot horrible weather.

• Greenie 1

Actually Allan Richards might have done better had he stuck solely to CTRL-C & CTRL-V, as the bits he has guessed he has wrong.

As I suspected, there is moire than one of the original founder members still on the council/committee (whichever it is called!) - there are two. (That information direct from "Steve Jay", who we happened to meet whilst boating today).

NBW - You read it first somewhere else.

And now the next round of second guessing begins.......

Why not just say who they bloody are?

And now the next round of second guessing begins.......

Why not just say who they bloody are?

Sorry - no mystery intended - I was just commenting on the article.

Well "Steve Jay", obviously, and, (as I said was probably the case earlier) Stan Thomas.

The article is also implies that the "resignees" were all original members of the council/committee. I'm sure Diane Warner wasn't - I'm not confident all the rest were.

Out boating.......

The world is coming to and end according to some on here and the remaining few are out boating....

What's the world coming to.

Priorities, priorities, priorities(quote Cameron)

Hope you all enjoyed boating today in this stinking hot horrible weather.

Yes nice trip down the Braunston flight all the locks in our favour, towards Hillmorton with a hire boat fast approaching, shouting to overtake. Kept at the same pace but moved off centre and waved them past, we can't overtake " can you slow down?" . Moved over after Barby Moorings but caught them up by the second lock on the Flight of 3 life's to short tied up and had a couple of beers at Badseys then decided to stay the night.

Pleased to see the visitor moorings are still 14 days ,

Back on subject they've lost some good people whatever the cause and I hope that they remain involved in the waterways. I'm not a member so the reasons are none of my business and I see no point in speculating unless you are.

Edited by Tuscan
  • Greenie 1

Sorry - no mystery intended - I was just commenting on the article.

Well "Steve Jay", obviously, and, (as I said was probably the case earlier) Stan Thomas.

The article is also implies that the "resignees" were all original members of the council/committee. I'm sure Diane Warner wasn't - I'm not confident all the rest were.

Steve and Stan........that's it?