Featured Posts

Is it possible to fix the width of the location field in the mobile version so that it sizes to the screen width?

I have looked a bit more at this, and the problem actually exists of the full version of the web site as well, just that on the full version you would normally have enough width for the issue not to be seen.

There is a very simple pragmatic solution to this, the compass and Save buttons are in a "span" using class="right", so guessing the class is right justification, and that the css would have a class "left" for left justification, I changed it in the client, and sure enough the compass and Save appear at the left hand end of the type in field, and are therefore always available irrespective of screen width. You could of course just do it in the mobile version of the site, or even conditional on the screen size, but it would work if you always did it.

ie. change

<div class="ipsBox_container">
<input type="text" id="locationAddress" class="ipsPad" placeholder="Enter your address / city / county / country, you can be as specific as you like">
<span class="right">
<a href="#" id="currentLocation" data-tooltip="Use Current Location">
</a>
<input type="submit" value="Save">
</span>
</div>
to
<div class="ipsBox_container">
<input type="text" id="locationAddress" class="ipsPad" placeholder="Enter your address / city / county / country, you can be as specific as you like">
<span class="left">
<a href="#" id="currentLocation" data-tooltip="Use Current Location">
</a>
<input type="submit" value="Save">
</span>
</div>

Alan de Enfield, on 05 Apr 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Am I going to get messages everytime a member moves ?

In 7 minutes I have had 6 messages that the 'same member' has moved

Not sure I'm liking all this techo stuff.

If you go into your settings and 'notification preferences' you will see that a section called 'member map' has been added at the bottom.. From there you can turn notifications about a friend adding or updating their location to 'off'.

It seems to have been set to 'on' for both by default when the facility was added to the site.

Not sure about all this. Junior is in continent and RLWP is in the Falkland Isles. unsure.png

Just picked up on this thread.

I hope Junior has managed to get himself some of those large knickers that Billy Connelly used to go on about !!!!!biggrin.png

I assume it misidentified the loco depot

This could be a useful feature for the BCN Challenge. We have tried different software to show our track before, this would put us all on the same map. Downside is having to update manually

Richard

Map my ride might be one way of doing this.

I guess I am being thick. I put in the postcode of the nearest pub on the laptop and it worked fine. Then I opened on the iphone, clicked on the location symbol and it asked if I wanted to allow it to use my current location and I clicked "OK" but it did not update my location. What am I doing wrong?

I guess I am being thick. I put in the postcode of the nearest pub on the laptop and it worked fine. Then I opened on the iphone, clicked on the location symbol and it asked if I wanted to allow it to use my current location and I clicked "OK" but it did not update my location. What am I doing wrong?

Have you activated location services on your iPhone..?..

Is there a little arrow top right on your screen.

Tesla has now fixed the issue of the bar falling off narrow screens.

Thanks for that works great now.

have you enabled location services and did iOS ask for you to confirm you wanted to give access the first time you tried.

Thanks for replies. Yep, location services enabled and iOS asked for confirmation.

then hitting the compass icon seems to work for me, not sure what else to suggest. Has it done and it is just not so accurate that you don't spot yourself on the map. If you refresh the page do you see the delete location button, if you do then it has been set.

I decided on using the location of my office rather than the house. My thoughts were if someone was up to no good and watching the forum then moving the location from the house to the boat would advertise that the house was empty.

I decided on using the location of my office rather than the house. My thoughts were if someone was up to no good and watching the forum then moving the location from the house to the boat would advertise that the house was empty.

Agreed this is a good point.

There are advantages to using the facility but I for one won't be using it to 'advertise' when I am boating and away from home and vice versa. I am happy to give a vague home location though, but as I mentioned earlier it is very precise if you enter a full postcode.

Edited by The Dog House

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that but you can manually enter your location so I experimented with a few permutations of street and town names, full post code and half post code, even just entering 'North Pole' got a result and put me there.

Your position was as shown by the blue circle in the photo posted by john6767 – perilously close to falling off the earth. A polar expedition had not occurred to me.

Your position was as shown by the blue circle in the photo posted by john6767 perilously close to falling off the earth. A polar expedition had not occurred to me.

Well the picture I think you are referring to wasn't posted by John but rather Nick...and it placed me at the North Pole the reason for which I think is obvious given the following posts.....

Try it and see...

Edited by The Dog House

I assume it misidentified the loco depot

This could be a useful feature for the BCN Challenge. We have tried different software to show our track before, this would put us all on the same map. Downside is having to update manually

Richard

Waterexplorer

Incorporating

Navvygator

OK not strictly real time updates of current position to a central map, but in reality with location sent to Water Explorer every few minutes, pretty damn close.

(I have no idea what is being offered here in this thread, because I can't control the maps from the devices I'm trying to use over a slow connection).

Waterexplorer

Incorporating

Navvygator

OK not strictly real time updates of current position to a central map, but in reality with location sent to Water Explorer every few minutes, pretty damn close.

(I have no idea what is being offered here in this thread, because I can't control the maps from the devices I'm trying to use over a slow connection).

you dont need navvygator if you have a smart phone........just sign up to water explorer download a free gpx logger, set it up

and off you go............easy and yes it is real time..............it logs all locks, bridges etc etc depending on what times you set. if you look at the boat location page you will find us..........more or less where we are as i switched it off at the services block

Edited by tillergirl

you dont need navvygator if you have a smart phone........just sign up to water explorer download a free gpx logger, set it up

and off you go............easy and yes it is real time..............it logs all locks, bridges etc etc depending on what times you set. if you look at the boat location page you will find us..........more or less where we are as i switched it off at the services block

Ah. I didn#'t know that!

I doubt "Smart"phone option would work for me, because my (not so!) "Smart"phone fails to work on far more places on the canal than it is actually any use on. But I'll bear it in mind in case I get one that's any good when this lousy contract finally comes to an end!

Ah. I didn#'t know that!

I doubt "Smart"phone option would work for me, because my (not so!) "Smart"phone fails to work on far more places on the canal than it is actually any use on. But I'll bear it in mind in case I get one that's any good when this lousy contract finally comes to an end!

Alan,

Is there a reason that you and the missus are at opposite ends of the Aylesbury Arm?