Featured Posts

Dear all,

Please note that we have installed a new feature today called Member Map. Available to members only, it allows you to set, update or delete you location, manually or using location based info. If you are concerned about broadcasting your exact location then it is best to set it manually and be as vague as you like.

If you post your location it will also be shown under your profile.

Please note that there is an issue with the mobile version at this point so you will not be able to access this festure unless you are accessing the full site.

Hopefully it will be the inspiration for many mini banters....

Please find the app here or on the tab at the top of each page.

Bernie

Dear all,

Please note that we have installed a new feature today called Member Map. Available to members only, it allows you to set, update or delete you location, manually or using location based info. If you are concerned about broadcasting your exact location then it is best to set it manually and be as vague as you like.

If you post your location it will also be shown under your profile.

Please note that there is an issue with the mobile version at this point so you will not be able to access this festure unless you are accessing the full site.

Hopefully it will be the inspiration for many mini banters....

Bernie

????

We are already able to set a location under our profile, how is different and where is this feature accessed?

Ed ah right, I see the new tab now.

Edited by The Dog House

We are already able to set a location under our profile, how is different and where is this feature accessed?

There is a map....

Right, I've confused it by trying to enter my two boat locations!

It can only handle, in current form, a single location. Although should be the last location added/updated.

Daniel

Right, I've confused it by trying to enter my two boat locations!

It ignored the second place name I gave it...

MTB

Well I would say that is because you can only input one location. And the intended use is to show your personal location not the location of your boats(s)......but you knew this right?

Be aware that if you enter a postcode it does as expected give a very precise location, it's very accurate.

Yes, it uses the full detail you give it. If you want to use a postcode without detailing it down to your exact screen, use only the first half of the postcode.

Daniel

And it works for the former colonies as well.

Indeed, I was trying to work out why the map was defaulting to encompass half the globe then it became obvious.

Hey Brilliant,I'm in

However it's put me in the town center, not on the River.

Shame we can't enter Chart or Map Reference !.

Don't know the Post Code on the River, Eateries or the Sea.

Still at least I'm closer to the shops !

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2