CC-ing...coming back to haunt us ;-)

DeanS

Featured Posts

The System is never wrong?

We recently had problems with a bank who couldn't verify our address, we have lived in the house for 34 years (we built it) had all the planning etc to go through pay council tax and have been on the electoral role at that address for 34 years. Why they had a problem I do not know, maybe they were using a road map from the 1970's, as we've been here ever since.

Wherever I lay my bank account, that's my home..

Richard

That's just about it....(now putting on my rose eyed spectacles)...if everyone gave freely what they are good at (key word being 'gave') ...we wouldn't need money. In fact we'd all have more than we've got now. Money is the tool of the greedy...Just look back at the history of how banks started....everyone has something to offer....

Here's an interesting option. Surely if you are a registered CC-er, CRT should provide you with an "address"....namely...The English Waterways. You are, after all, renting your living area from them..in the form of a monthly licence.

Dean. I'm struggling to understand your post. A *registered* (your terminology) CCer will be paying the same annual cruising licence as a non - CCer. Where does the monthly licence come into it?

And why should CaRT provide any licence holder with an address? Licence holders are not renting anything. They are paying a licence to cruise the waterways.

But if CaRT are also receiving payment for a residential mooring they should be able to provide some proof of a residential address?

when I got my temporary job recently Had a hell of a job meeting their "proof of address" criteria. For the purposes of the establishment we live with Dave's parents. I needed three things to prove i live at the address i don't live at. I could provide a driving licence, registration document for our car but then was stumped. In the end we had to phone our bank to ask them to post us a copy of our most recent statement. I worked for four weeks without pay while I tried to prove I lived in an address I openly acknowledged was just a postal address for us.

hate posting on phone!

Edited by Ange

Dean. I'm struggling to understand your post. A *registered* (your terminology) CCer will be paying the same annual cruising licence as a non - CCer. Where does the monthly licence come into it?

And why should CaRT provide any licence holder with an address? Licence holders are not renting anything. They are paying a licence to cruise the waterways.

But if CaRT are also receiving payment for a residential mooring they should be able to provide some proof of a residential address?

Sorry...I was talking about the period when we werent in a marina...the 8mths we were CC-ing......so my point is, that CRT should provide all CC-ers with some form of documentation to give to the authorities......something along the lines of...."CC-ers are not at no fixed abode....they are in fact living on a premises (the canals) managed by CRT. Why should CC-ers have to lie (use a postal address) ...in order to get a job.

Any decent employer will employ you for what you're good at...not your address. Do you want to work for a wan##r? What are you good at? Work with that and good luck...

Some employers though, such as airlines for example, don't have such discretion in the matter. They are legally obliged to involve the likes of Disclosure Scotland who are charged with the vetting procedure.

I know several people who have fallen foul of the 'system' because they have been unable to provide the required continuity of residence.

Another reason to have some sort of postal address that could be used in such circumstances.

Ken

As this might be useful for some people reading... I have recently been told that, within a fortnight of receiving your CRB/DBS check, tou can log into your account and tick a box to say that the check can be transferred to other organisations. This saves the hassledof having multiple checks done, which may be especially useful if the first was tricky to obtain.

The System is never wrong?

We recently had problems with a bank who couldn't verify our address, we have lived in the house for 34 years (we built it) had all the planning etc to go through pay council tax and have been on the electoral role at that address for 34 years. Why they had a problem I do not know, maybe they were using a road map from the 1970's, as we've been here ever since.

Lol. I've lived in a mansion house for the last 9 years. When I moved in I was on the sick with a broken knee (victim of hit & run)

I had enormous difficulty in getting Housing benefit whatever they called sickness benefit back then, I also missed out in voting in 2 elections, 1 local & 1 general.

All because the place wasnt on some list of the councils.

Yet the place had a post code, & it was built in 1089, yest TEN 89, that is not a typo

A traceable address will be needed by an employer for the verification of you PAYE and NI status, CRB checks if appropriate and immigration law / visa status as previously mentioned. Probably others too. All of which I think are not unreasonable.

Edited by twbm

Have just talked with DBS help line, when filling out form in section C other address you put in mooring address dated the date of application in main address put postal address but make sure you put C/O on first address line dated the date of application.

This is total acceptable to DBS.

Lol. I've lived in a mansion house for the last 9 years. When I moved in I was on the sick with a broken knee (victim of hit & run)

I had enormous difficulty in getting Housing benefit whatever they called sickness benefit back then, I also missed out in voting in 2 elections, 1 local & 1 general.

All because the place wasnt on some list of the councils.

Yet the place had a post code, & it was built in 1089, yest TEN 89, that is not a typo

You should have left the drawbridge down, the postman could have delivered.

Bod

Have just talked with DBS help line, when filling out form in section C other address you put in mooring address dated the date of application in main address put postal address but make sure you put C/O on first address line dated the date of application.

This is total acceptable to DBS.

not according to their guidelines.............see https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/143674/unusual-address.pdf

if you live on boat according to these guidelines you should state "NO FIXED ABODE"/or state that you were TRAVELLING and the dates/or state your home mooring (if applicable)

A c/o address has to be provided so they can write to you and send your certificate

Edited by tillergirl

not according to their guidelines.............see https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/143674/unusual-address.pdf

if you live on boat according to these guidelines you should state "NO FIXED ABODE"/or state that you were TRAVELLING and the dates/or state your home mooring (if applicable)

A c/o address has to be provided so they can write to you and send your certificate

well that not what there help line told me.

there said as long as all address where on the form that's what matter, and that why there a section 3 on the form.

well that not what there help line told me.

there said as long as all address where on the form that's what matter, and that why there a section 3 on the form.

mm well from experience sometimes they don't always follow their own advice laugh.png

The pertinent bits are that you must provide a postal address for correspondence and a c/o address is fine and you must account for your whereabouts to cover a full 5 years..............if you cannot provide an address because you were travelling that is acceptable. i would follow the guidelines if it were me and if the form comes back refer them to their own guidelines!

here's the link for others to refer to:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/143674/unusual-address.pdf

Edited by tillergirl