Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

I suspect there is no substance to the rumor. If PL failed to defend the initial case and the court ordered the entrance be closed, it seems an outside chance that QMH/QMP(mk2)/PLM would now attempt to obtain a court order preventing the closure. It would probably be a waste of money.

But it's a great rumor to spread to your clients if you want them to believe you're doing something for them!

Iirc, the court ruled that QMP should shut off their own entrance and if they failed to do so, then C&RT could do so.

Ah..... must have missed that bit during the last 244 pages! :-) Thanks!

Edited by costalot

Notice Alert

River Soar

Starts At: Lock 52 - Pillings Lock

Ends At: Lock 52 - Pillings Lock

Monday 7 April 2014 06:00 until further notice

Type: Navigation Restriction

Reason: Information

Original message:

Please be advised that works will be taking place around the entrance to Pillings Marina.

During these works you may experience delays for a short period of time. Please bear with us we will try and keep disruption to a minimum.

You can view this notice and its map online here:

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/732/lock-52-pillings-lock-east-of-loughborough-

You can find all notices at the url below:

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices

Pop corn, Pop corn, Ice cream, come and get your icey cream.....

Probably the least helpful post so far in this thread...

MtB

Oh yeah - let's see about that

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Surprise, surprise, but still no retraction, apologies or printing of C&RT's version of "The NAA is 'sorted'" on NarrowboatWorld - not even a note about the "stoppage / slowage" mentioned above.

sorry again for raising false hopes, I merely heard he was " in court" on Monday, not sure why or where, could be ages before the next chapter

Are you sure it wasn't "he was holding court" and preaching to his faithfull ?

Notice Alert

River Soar

Starts At: Lock 52 - Pillings Lock

Ends At: Lock 52 - Pillings Lock

Monday 7 April 2014 06:00 until further notice

Type: Navigation Restriction

Reason: Information

Original message:

Please be advised that works will be taking place around the entrance to Pillings Marina.

During these works you may experience delays for a short period of time. Please bear with us we will try and keep disruption to a minimum.

You can view this notice and its map online here:

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notice/732/lock-52-pillings-lock-east-of-loughborough-

You can find all notices at the url below:

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices

Well that sounds pretty certain then. I do hope the moorers will still be able to exit the marina.

Oh yeah - let's see about that

Good point.

I was thinking George94's lengthy arguments that CRT are a 'partial monopoly' are a strong contender too. But on reflection, Jim's post still wins. Mainly because despite contributing nothing to the debate, like yours it contains humour...

:D

MtB

I've been watching this space for 2½ hrs now, and nothing has moved....

smile.png

MtB

I'm losing puff - I don't think I can hold my breath much longer!

I was responding to John Lillie's instruction to watch this space...

Are you saying something happened and I missed it???!!

MtB

Still waiting... It's now tomorrow!

Tick....Tock......Tick..... Tock

Times marching on.

Come on come on come on

It's like reading a great book, and finding out some "bar steward" has removed the last pages

What a book though!

Col

Pop corn, Pop corn, Ice cream, come and get your tutti frutti icey cream.....

a comment on several useful posts leading up to it, people hanging around waiting for things to happen. Some fall on stoney ground.....

RLWP, on 01 Apr 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Where's Stoney ground then, who plays there?

Richard

<stony silence>

The parable of Pillings Lock :

Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow: And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the birds of the air came and devoured it up. And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away. And some fell among thorns, the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. And other fell on good ground, did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, some an hundred. He said unto them, He that has ears to hear, let him hear.

Mark 4:3-9

Edited by Alan de Enfield

11But Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, “Behold, my brother Esau is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man.

12Perhaps my father will feel me, and I shall seem to be mocking him and bring a curse upon myself and not a blessing.”

13His mother said to him, “Let your curse be on me, my son; only obey my voice, and go, bring them to me.”

Richard