Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Good question to which I alluded many pages back when he was first appointed.

I asked it several times near the beginning too and my questions asking why he would do a thorough investigation for virtually no money were taken as calling into question his professional integrity. Someone said his costs would be deducted from the proceeds of the sale of the site ahead of the secured creditor. This cannot now happen so I feel my (and your) question still stands.

I very much doubt the govt pays IP costs in cases of Creditors' Voluntary Liquidations like this. As I understand it the creditors pay and I remain concerned that he who pays the piper etc plays a small part, somehow.

Did Ownerships go bust using a Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation too?

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

If they have bothered the environmental people.....it would really seem to mean they have every intention of sealing it off....if they didn't, and we''re just blowing hot air, they wouldn't be "consulting with the environmental people".

of course we are all just hypothesising.

If they have bothered the environmental people.....it would really seem to mean they have every intention of sealing it off....if they didn't, and we''re just blowing hot air, they wouldn't be "consulting with the environmental people".

of course we are all just hypothesising.

The environmental and diversity scene as we know has a lot of clout.Not good for C&RT to give a bad show on that angle together with the berth holders in the middle of Paul Lillie's irresponsible actions..

The middle of April will see if the rotters plan will work for HIM or not!

I don't think there was anything voluntary about OwnerShips going bust :-)

haggis

And now Mr Steadman has ownership of his site back, I have an uneasy feeling the insolvency will be wrapped up in short order.

We'll see.

MtB

Did Ownerships go bust using a Creditors' Voluntary Liquidation too?

MtB

No, it was placed into the hands of the official receiver when Allen Matthews died owing monies left right and centre to the vast majority of his syndicate members of which there must have been over a thousand when he fell off the perch. He was the MD of the company but there was a company secretary who through her financial advisor told all the interested parties at a meeting held in a large sports hall that the cupboard was bare, several people had made six figure sum unsecured loans to the man and his house was mortgaged to Barclays Bank. Doubtless, there were funds squirrelled away somewhere to fund his family's survival but no-one ever discovered how or where.

The firm of accountants lumbered with winding up the whole sorry affair was Begbies Traynor in Southend and I believe their fee was paid by the official receiver after their failure to generate any funds by selling the buy-back shares to the individual boat syndicates except in a very few cases where syndicates were given bad advice.

The BIG question is ..........Is 750 Leicester LTD acceptable to C&RT?

Bod

if so...a lot of people will be shaking their heads in unbelief, but I'm sure these things happen in legal world every day, and if those who know how to play the rules....then they are the winners ever time.

on the other hand, if it means they can honour the long leases people have paid for, it might not be the worst thing...although of course not ideal in other ways

Edited by DeanS

The BIG question is ..........Is 750 Leicester LTD acceptable to C&RT?

Bod

There is another BIG QUESTION...

Given QML couldn't afford to pay the NAA with a marina 75% full, how does No 750 Leicester Ltd expect to with a marina 75% empty?

MtB

Given QML couldn't afford to pay the NAA with a marina 75% full, how does No 750 Leicester Ltd expect to with a marina 75% empty?

MtB

The marina is still fairly full at the moment,no signs of mass exodus detective.gif

MtB

With the fantastic support of the loyal customers & team at PL's LaLa land

The marina is still fairly full at the moment,no signs of mass exodus detective.gif

Right little stalker arn't you Suzie babe! X

With the fantastic support of the loyal customers & team at PL's LaLa land

Right little stalker arn't you Suzie babe! X

Oh yes Dave,i certainly am! A shocked stalker as i would defo have voted with my rudder and left by now x

Earlier today, on another thread here on CWDF, StarUKKiwi wrote:

I did hear that CaRT had applications in before Christmas on taking over the marina - a 30 year business plan had to be submitted - on that basis maybe they have had to revise their plans?

Whilst "I did hear..." is hardly an authoritative source, if this is indeed accurate, I wonder if this is a new CRT policy in response to the PLM debacle?

Earlier today, on another thread here on CWDF, StarUKKiwi wrote:

Whilst "I did hear..." is hardly an authoritative source, if this is indeed accurate, I wonder if this is a new CRT policy in response to the PLM debacle?

May I qualify - the lease on New Mills is a 30 year one and therefore you had to supply both a 30 year plan as well as a shorter one - i had spoken to a person looking into it

I think the next big step in interest will be when 750 phoenix tries to get their NAA (if the negotiations enter the public domain), and then the next one will be the build up to the 14th April.

To me, another major development seems possible at any time.

If I were in Mr Steadman's position, I'd be seriously considering replacing PL as director of PLM with someone who's better at getting on with people. And cheaper: a salary of around £30,000 ought to be enough to attract a candidate with some experience of customer service who knows enough to run a marina competently? This simple change would probably smooth the process of negotiating the NAA no end too.

• Greenie 1

To me, another major development seems possible at any time.

If I were in Mr Steadman's position, I'd be seriously considering replacing PL as director of PLM with someone who's better at getting on with people. And cheaper: a salary of around £30,000 ought to be enough to attract a candidate with some experience of customer service who knows enough to run a marina competently? This simple change would probably smooth the process of negotiating the NAA no end too.

If the Steadmans let PL anywhere near any company involved with the marina, I would be questioning what hold he has over them. Photos? Dodgy business practices? Must be something.

Is PL a director of 750 Ltd?

If the Steadmans let PL anywhere near any company involved with the marina, I would be questioning what hold he has over them. Photos? Dodgy business practices? Must be something.

Is PL a director of 750 Ltd?

The only director listed is Roy David Frank Rollings.