Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

because I like it there and that is where I want to live. With regards to carts much needed income, please!!!

I would be wondering what scam was going to be pulled next?.....oh and if you care to ask your good friend Mr Lillie (which my auto correct wants to change Lillie to Lie for some reason..) when he will be paying the missing money back because obviously it's weighing heavily on his conscience I'm sure CRT and the good folk of this forum would be delighted to know.....or do you go with the "I'm all right sod the rest" attitude which seems to prevail round there?

Cheers

Gareth

I find it hard to understand how someone could be happy with the hard fact that their money that they have paid has been pocketed by some con man (or men) rather than being used to pay for a service they need.

Is it just me that finds this odd?

I find it hard to understand how someone could be happy with the hard fact that their money that they have paid has been pocketed by some con man (or men) rather than being used to pay for a service they need.

No!

Cheers

Gareth

Or the same person?

It makes you wonder..

I find it, not hard to understand, but impossible. Don't they realise that more of their hard earned cash is very likely going to be similarly syphoned off?

First there's the matter of the £160k in unpaid NAA fees. That money didn't just disappear, it was collected from the moorers then spent or kept by Steadman and Lillie. Then there's all the debt (from QMP to Steadman & PLM) that was written off in the liquidation. Most of that debt appears to be paper losses, rather than actual cash losses, but they are losses nevertheless and very valuable as tax deductions.

Same could be said of CRT's losses they never incurred any physical losses by letting Pillings connect to the network other than a small number of moorings (those with local knowledge put this at under 10 although the CRT quoted figure is much higher) that they closed. Page 1 of the CRT auction site (at the moment of posting) there are 10 mooring, 4 no bids made the others all went for the reserve price on a single bid so however many moorings they did close it's 40% likely they would have been let and 60% likely it would be for the reserve price.

I still think Pillings are a bunch of Aholes but all the indignation about the £180k! it was only ever a paper loss in the main. NAA's are a tax on marina moorers who doesn't fiddle their tax, cash in hand, never heard of itsmile.png

https://www.crtmoorings.com/auctions/search.php?type=all

• Greenie 1

Same could be said of CRT's losses they never incurred any physical losses by letting Pillings connect to the network other than a small number of moorings (those with local knowledge put this at under 10 although the CRT quoted figure is much higher) that they closed. Page 1 of the CRT auction site (at the moment of posting) there are 10 mooring, 4 no bids made the others all went for the reserve price on a single bid so however many moorings they did close it's 40% likely they would have been let and 60% likely it would be for the reserve price.

I still think Pillings are a bunch of Aholes but all the indignation about the £180k! it was only ever a paper loss in the main. NAA's are a tax on marina moorers who doesn't fiddle their tax, cash in hand, never heard of itsmile.png

https://www.crtmoorings.com/auctions/search.php?type=all

Aside from the fact that your math is wrong and your premise faulty, what you are talking about has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I was remarking on what Steadman/Lillie had gained from this venture, not what CRT lost.

Edited by Paul G2

because I like it there and that is where I want to live. With regards to carts much needed income, please!!!

Are you for real?? This is the kind of arrogant, self-serving comment that PL or CSH would come out with.

It is obviously beyond your comprehension, so in words that even an idiot can understand....you pay your rent to PLM, who pay it to PLT (or should) who then pay CaRT (or should) so that you can cruise from the marina unimpeded and use the waterways and then return. No where in this scenario is CaRT required to invest any monies into your marina.

Anyway, enjoy your mooring while you can, because no doubt everything will come full circle and one or other of the leery companies operated by PL will go bust and you will be looking for another home.

Not just you at all! I'm sure most who have any clear understanding of everything that has happened, will feel just the same.

Wouldn't it be so much better if PL paid back the money that moorers in his marina gave him for the past NAA rather than keeping/spending it? Then he would seem to have an ounce of integrity. Shame that the moorers seem to have so much available cash to waste/give away to PL that none of them see it that way. This is an aspect that I can't understand at all.

• Greenie 1

Are you for real?? This is the kind of arrogant, self-serving comment that PL or CSH would come out with.

It is obviously beyond your comprehension, so in words that even an idiot can understand....you pay your rent to PLM, who pay it to PLT (or should) who then pay CaRT (or should) so that you can cruise from the marina unimpeded and use the waterways and then return. No where in this scenario is CaRT required to invest any monies into your marina.

Anyway, enjoy your mooring while you can, because no doubt everything will come full circle and one or other of the leery companies operated by PL will go bust and you will be looking for another home.

Wouldn't you think that a person who was actually living at PLM would say, "I like it here and this is where I want to live." not, "I like it there and that is where..."?

Regardless, looking at the photos of that decorating abortion PL calls an upscale restaurant, it's easy to see where the money has gone, and where it will continue to go as long as PL is allowed to remain in charge. The restaurant business is very tough and certainly not a challange the inexperienced can usually handle. Restaurants can lose a tremendous amount of money and it would not be at all surprising if the restaurant mismanagement were not at the heart of all of PLM's financial problems.

The restaurant is not going to go away, and PL is not going to change his management style, nor will he seek an education in hospitality management, nor hire a real executive chef or experienced manager, because they would tell him what an inept person he is. So, the restaurant will stay under the same inept management which means the restaurant losses will stay which means the marina will continue to fail.

Meanwhile, as word spreads that PLM has a policy of vandalizing boats when the owners owe them money, the marina is going to become less and less popular and PLM will have to lower their rates to attract moorers. Considering that PL came on here and publicly defended vandalizing someone's boat because that person owed him money, demonstrates that PL thinks vandalizing customer's boats is good company policy and totally justifiable in his mind. I just can't imagine people flocking to PLM knowing that the marina owner has that kind of attitude.

Same here.

At least we don't have to leave now.

Well, time will tell.

If the business wasn't viable before, then what happens now.

I have 3 suggestions;

1) PL takes a pay cut

2) PL stiffs the moorers to pay CRT

3) PL fails to pay again

Anybody care to predict which

Well, time will tell.

I have 3 suggestions;

1) PL takes a pay cut

3) PL fails to pay again

In my experience when a business is struggling the senior management get paid (or pay themselves) even more. CRT won't fall for the same strategy a second time. I suspect it will be the moorers next time. As long as I wasn't locked into a lease I'd be looking to depart within the next 12 months!

Well, time will tell.

I have 3 suggestions;

1) PL takes a pay cut

3) PL fails to pay again

1) Not going to happen because PL thinks he is a very important person

2) Yep

3) Likely

I thought that there was no planning permission for residential?

And now all those people who have admitted to living there - its 'in the public domain' the council will be down on the Marina / Moorers like a ton of bricks demanding their Council Tax.

The moorers will have to pay a bit more to 'live where they love'.

But of course that will be C&RT's fault as they bought the 'problem' out into the open with their court case against someone who was just trying to improve his standard of living - & maximise income for himself and his partner.

Well, time will tell.

I have 3 suggestions;

1) PL takes a pay cut

3) PL fails to pay again

Option 1 is something one might read in a Pratchett novel and options 2 and 3 are perhaps two elements of a single likelihood. Let's call it option 4...

4) PL stiffs the moorers to pay CRT and then fails to pay [CRT] again would be a reasonable prediction.

Wouldn't you think that a person who was actually living at PLM would say, "I like it here and this is where I want to live." not, "I like it there and that is where..."?

Taking Pillingsmoorer's grammar at face value, I deduce that he wasn't at the marina when he wrote his post in the middle of a nice Sunday afternoon. It's not unreasonable to suppose that he'd taken his boat out for a nice potter up and down the canal, as any normal marina leisure boater might. Better get back in by Tuesday night in case RR fails to make the CRT payment.

Pillingsmoorer likes the marina so much he wants to live there. Pillings Lock doesn't have any official residential moorings I think (?) but he wishes it did. He'll no doubt be trying to persuade the relevant company (PLT the freeholder or PLM the leaseholder?) to apply for planning permission.

As to the prediction game, 4) is quite possible. But it wouldn't directly be PL failing to pay CRT, because RR is the sole director of PLT which will have the NAA (if RR does indeed pay on Tuesday).

I have another prediction which I've stated before:

5) Sooner or later Mr Steadman will surely see sense and elbow PL out of PLM. He has the means, the voting power of his shares, and the motive, that a better manager would make the company more profitable. It wouldn't deeply surprise me if RR gets the job as a part-timer in between his studies, he'll be cheaper and at least young Roy doesn't seem to have such a habit of upsetting people. He couldn't be worse than PL, could he?

I think it sounds like a lovely place, well Lynne makes it sound like a nice day out.

http://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/afternoon-at-pillings-lock.html

She does indeed. Very keen on her wildlife spotting, is Lynne.

" I also saw a stoat, or it may have been a weasel!"

Ah, the power of selective quotation.