CRT evictions of disabled boaters

Rambling

Featured Posts

You mean like keeping your boat?

A subscription to contribute to a charity or retain membership or "friend' status is completely different from a fee required by it.

Inviting people to buy a licence would be simply bonkers...

No more bonkers than telling people who are buying their license (the vast majority) what will happen if they don't buy it , rather than thanking them a better example would be when I get my council tax demand I also get some information on what my tax is spent on, I don't get told what will happen if I don't buy it. It's just a communication process which I think I'd beginning to change.

I belong to several charities - including the National Trust which many say CRT wants to model itself on. When they invite me to renew for another year none of them threaten me with what will happen if I don't. All of them go out of here way to highlight the advantages of renewing.

Maybe you should ask one of the people who have a boat on the Wey and Godalming Navigation, run by the National Trust, what their licence renewal letters look like? Certainly I can imagine they'd be different to those sent out to "normal" members, as you have to pay in order to keep the boat on the navigation, compared to being wheedled at to stay and keep contributing to stately homes and tea shops and gift shops that sell tartan rugs and a variety of "amusing" ducks voluntarily.

That said, I suspect they're far more polite than those sent by CRT.

Not sure if this Freedom of Information Act Request has got an airing on CWDF or not?

Different, certainly!

Dear god and they expect to be taken seriously

Who is Mr. Mayer's, anybody know?

No more bonkers than telling people who are buying their license (the vast majority) what will happen if they don't buy it , rather than thanking them a better example would be when I get my council tax demand I also get some information on what my tax is spent on, I don't get told what will happen if I don't buy it. It's just a communication process which I think I'd beginning to change.

If you don't pay your council tax ultimately you go to prison. And you are required to pay that not 'invited' to.

Try this one from the same originator then!

Ah good old Dave M keeping everyone in order! But of course it sheds a light on his (Mayer's) more recent rant purporting to be in support of the lady, when really it is just an excuse to continue his longstanding grievance against CRT because they wouldn't let him conduct himself with complete disregard for the rules. Hopefully he is no longer on the canals.

How many of these vexatious people are there out there? No wonder the system is falling into disrepair, CRT are distracted with so much civil disobedience going on.

Edited by nicknorman

I find myself wondering if Geoff Mayers is the same person as username here 'pearlygeoff'. The both seem to have a massive beef with BW/CRT

MtB

Ah yes, Geoff Mayers boat name is Pearl according to the CRT list of court cases here

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/117111/response/323955/attach/4/List%20of%20Court%20Cases%20Geoff%20Mayers.pdf

Problem is that using the Forum in Firefox, I don't get any pasting options beyond a straight paste of what's in the buffer.

Or at least that is all that is in my "Edit" menu - no sub-options under "Paste", and no "Paste As".

Am I missing something, because I actually get fed up not being able to paste stuff in without the formatting remaining?

"Licence it or lose it" doesn't just appear on the invitation to renew - it is also the most prominent thing on the letter to which your actual licence discs are attached, so someone who has just renewed is still reminded prominently that had they not done so, their boat might have been taken.

CRT themselves acknowledged that quite such an aggressive stance was symptomatic of how much of their communication reads, and said they were committed to phasing this out, even giving the impression at one stage that they believed they almost had.

However my last renewal still had it on everything. I think it is important how you talk to your "compliant" customers, and still think they should change it, although it clearly would not be at the top of the priority list of all changes I would like them to make.

We've just received our renewal reminder and the "licence or lose it" threat is gone so it appears they have got rid of it.

I totally agree that it was unnecessary and heavy handed.

So Mr Mayers "suggests" that an asault was committed upon this lady, but admits in the next sentence that the Police were present.

Perhaps he is confused?

Well the Police seem to be numbered amongst the gang of 20 thugs hired by CRT........ Can you "hire" the police in cases like this?

Not too sure about this but I think the cops are there to ensure a 'breach of the peace' does not occur.

Yes, I think the Police are usually present in these cases, but not I would have thought paid for by CRT. I'm happy to be corrected if CRT do have to pay to have them present, though.

Normally the Police will turn up, at the request of either party, if they think there is likey to be a Breach of the Peace.

They are not paid for, as that could be deemed that they "sided" with one of the parties.

No, ordinarily if their presence is requested in anticipation of a breach, they must be paid for.

No, ordinarily if their presence is requested in anticipation of a breach, they must be paid for.

As to your first part, I think that is what I said :

""Normally the Police will turn up, at the request of either party, if they think there is likey to be a Breach of the Peace.

And secondly, perhaps it depends on the Force and the severity of the perceived threat?

I have certainly known cases where they have made no charge.

Ah yes I thought it was a nice video , enjoyed it but didn,t agree with all of it , also enjoyed reading the posts , many good points and some I may have skipped over . But ive enjoyed your input and thank you for that . Quite good coverage all round

Also of interest was the 38deg stuff , now im a semi active member and regular receive posts from them , I don’t post on all of them but I do support quite a few , one of interest was the pesticide one , and recently as I had posted to my MP about their pay rise , I actually got up caught the bus up town and sat in the waiting room to add weight to the petition that was handed in , as I had voted on that I didn’t see the MP did not talk to them , but I think it adds some more proper support than just a click of the key board etc. . I would not have voted on this one , but im surprised to find im not aware of it are 38degs are being selective ?.

I would like to see their post because if I think their selectively manipulating me I will as such withdraw some support from them , I do not support them financially , I add my time and vote , I can afford that .

I’m also aware of issues concerning the less fortunate members and people suffering from medical difficulties , I’ve just spent the last two days dealing with my cars MOT , and I had a person who suffers with bipolar , with me , he has a heart of gold is a nice person , but its kinda difficult dealing with him but I like him he is genuine nice person who puts his self out to help others but its taken us a while to strike a relation ship that works , its difficult , it may be me that,s at fault not him and im just assuming because he has bio polar etc .

The other thing apart from 38 deg , and I appreciate finding that out , is that I have written to CRT twice , their supposed to reply within 5 days the second letter they haven’t , although I’ve sent them photos , I've also tried to contact the other party who appears to be on a site within a site and I’ve spent a few hrs. on that , still can’t get a reply as of yet , but I will its a boater problem and as such wont bother me , its a waste of resource’s , and doesn’t effect me , its a damage to your banks , and makes it difficult for you , but doesn’t effect me and its another canal user that’s basically abusing the canal for their personal benefit against all other . Same as the 28 year old parking in the disabled spot and sprinting in to fetch a bottle of milk , bugs me , when I see a 68 year old struggling to walk from the far end of the car park etc.

I was originally going to post up in the forum but decided I should put some effort into it myself I found it irritating why pass the problem onto you ? Without making a effort myself ? .

so CRT would you please respond and reply otherwise you will be receiving a snotty letter , as I wont be going away .

So my cars gone spent all day , got another banger , sorted insurance and sent forms off , been to garage to sort out the squeak , ( might be a mouse I thought ? As I’m not mechanically bent ) but good news it wasn’t a mouse two days gone and my wallets got a IOU in it and a dead moth . And yet more to sort out , but nice to relax and find out my bad two days are not that big a problem compared to theirs .

Edited by ackdaw

ah sorry , i did it on my office software , ive tracked back through the posts , but when its a long debated subject , were exactly does it say ? so i will try and bear it in mind , wouldent expect yr programme to have a auto standard text , and im not computer literate or any otheir , can you put a post it up , i alterd the text because it was small but bold . i used this software to change it ,

i also find it difficult to post imagers so i dont as yet . ,

if i make a mistake again feel free to delete or ignore the post , but i will attempt to comply with the request , i aint perfct you know and ive had a long hard difficult day , still got a smile mind ,

ive typed this in direct dosent say above what this text is set at ? im assuming its standard forum formatt ?

My computer already gleans far more about me and the sites I visit and shares it with others than I would like it to. That's why I'll not be switching to Chrome in a hurry!

Duckduckgo is a browser which claims to pass on no info about you, what sites you have looked at etc. I invariably use it when I am looking up how many units of alcohol are in what drink etc etc....

My council tax bill contains warnings about the consequences of not paying

Not sure if this Freedom of Information Act Request has got an airing on CWDF or not?

Different, certainly!

From the "request";

Would it be correct to say that the rest of the mob were 'Eastern

European' 'mercenaries' to provide the 'muscle' required to attack

a defenceless woman?

Nice bit of xenophobia from Geoff there

Seemingly, the original write up on narrowboatworld regarding this case has been deleted. Along with all the links to it.

Their reporting of this topic has been the most blatently biased claptrap I've seen on there in ages - it's almost as if the site has been hijacked by 38degrees