Is this what canals are for?

bigste

Featured Posts

You really are a humourless soul aren't you.

George ex nb Alton retired

George, take a look at her posts for the day, even by her own high standards of sneering superiority today she has excelled herself. I think possibly she has a quota to use up before the end of the year before it expires at midnight tonight.

Happy new yearsmile.png

K

• Greenie 1

Charity jumper misses the water and is seriously injured on Leeds & Liverpool canal.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/10905271.Blackburn_charity_canal_jumper_seriously_injured_after_missing_water/?ref=var_6

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-25537596

why is it people think that if it is aid of charity it is OK to do stupid things?

And in both cases the people were rescued by charities (air ambulance and RNLI). The rescues probably cost the charities more than the idiots would have raised.

George, take a look at her posts for the day, even by her own high standards of sneering superiority today she has excelled herself. I think possibly she has a quota to use up before the end of the year before it expires at midnight tonight.

Happy new yearsmile.png

K

Happy new yearbiggrin.png +green

All idiots surely, we must be inclusive.

Any way you don't know if your an idiot it's other people who make that judgement. Idiots are blissfully unaware.

Neil Innes song - "How Sweet to be an Idiot"

"How sweet to be an Idiot,

As harmless as a cloud,

Too small to hide the sun

Almost poking fun,

At the warm but insecure untidy crowd.

How sweet to be an idiot,

And dip my brain in joy,

Children laughing at my back,

With no fear of attack,

As much retaliation as a toy.

How sweet to be an idiot, how sweet.

I tiptoe down the street,

Smiled at everyone I meet,

But suddenly a scream,

Smashes through my dream,

Fie fye foe fum,

I smell the blood of an asylum,

(Blood of an asylum,

But mother I play so beautifully, listen. ha ha)

Fie fye foe fum,

I smell the blood of the asylum,

Hey you, you're such a pedant,

You got as much brain as a dead ant,

As much imagination as a caravan sign.

But I still love you, still love you,

Oooh how sweet to be an idiot,

How sweet. how sweet. How sweet"

Music and lyrics by: Neil Innes

Edited by mark99

The newspaper report mentioned the words ill baby, have you never been under pressure got drunk to forget and done something stupid and reckless that would help no one but for a few stupid senseless minutes made you feel better. Answer yes, you're only human, answer no you're still only human but you've been very lucky.

The newspaper report mentioned the words ill baby, have you never been under pressure got drunk to forget and done something stupid and reckless that would help no one but for a few stupid senseless minutes made you feel better. Answer yes, you're only human, answer no you're still only human but you've been very lucky.

or more likely your a liar

or more likely your a liar

Outragous thing to say, did you actually read the article?

"They said the 25-year-old, of Bedford Street, Blackburn, had decided to jump off the 20ft-high bridge to raise money for a charity which helped his ill baby as he drank in the Navigation Inn, in Mill Hill."

... struggling here ...

Idiots were once defined by having an IQ less than 20, rather than the value-judgements of their behaviour made by passers-by or followers of hearsay.

Perhaps idiot behaviour is more apt. I used to think a "moron" was more of an insult than "idiot" - it seems not.

IQ Range Classification 70-80 Borderline deficiency 50-69 Moron 20-49 Imbecile below 20 Idiot

Edited by mark99

Ah yes, it does say that they "used to be" used.

Reminds me of a cheerily simple boy whom I once taught, who came up to me one day and said "Sir, Ilast night I looked up 'cretin' in the dictionary. Now I understand what you've been calling me all term".

Glad to see by the scale I'm "Superior Intelligence" most people call me "Raving Bonkers"

smile.png

I did try to join Mensa and took their test, I worked out with great difficulty that the opening sentence of the letter I got back from them wasn't good news. it read

"Dear Moron........"

Edited by Laurie.Booth