ACC council membership

Featured Posts

Did I miss something but was cotswolsman formerly of this parish (not RIP Nick) previously a member of the council of ACC.

He no longer seems to be.

Sorry if I've got this wrong but I'm sure he was at the outset, what has changed?

Edited by The Dog House

I don't think he was ever a member of the council, it's not his forte. He was keen to set up something, not to run it

Richard

My mistake then, I was sure he was there at the start.

That's odd, no mention of John Sloan and I too thought he was on the ACC council

haggis

Me too but it seems we are wrong.

Are you trying to say I'm dead? This makes me really angry, what if the rellies see it....

Oh no, just remembered, I'm not Welsh so it doesn't!

Welsh !!! We have that saying though ........ Where there's a Will there's a way relations.

I still find it strange that, top of the list, Steve Jay/Jenkins/Jenlyn still feels unable to use his real name.

I thought he was Steve Jay and the boat was jenlyn. I don't know where Jenkins comes from.

Interesting that the only one prepared to put up a picture of themself rather than their boat was Sue Cotton.

I guess matty smith is Matty40s of this parish.

John Sloan AKA Cotswaldman was definitely listed on the "The Council" page when it was set up, or whatever its equivalent was before it properly got going. Also I remember there were some people involved who didn't even reveal their identities. I don't regularly check the website, so I don't know when John no longer appeared on it, or the unknowns either disappeared or revealed their identities.

I thought he was Steve Jay and the boat was jenlyn. I don't know where Jenkins comes from.

Interesting that the only one prepared to put up a picture of themself rather than their boat was Sue Cotton.

I guess matty smith is Matty40s of this parish.

I think his name is Steve Jenkin although he uses several pseudonyms on facebook.

No.

His original forum id was "Steve Jenkin" and he rejoined as "Jenlyn" during a ban (iirc) claiming to be his wife.

I understand he has another alias..."John Evans" but I have yet to encounter it.

Edited by carlt

Did I miss something but was cotswolsman formerly of this parish (not RIP Nick) previously a member of the council of ACC.

He no longer seems to be.

Sorry if I've got this wrong but I'm sure he was at the outset, what has changed?

i think the only time you saw john sloans name was on the welcome page whilst it was still being set up, before they had all the council members in place, he was never on the council AFAIK.

My understanding is that he was on the Council right from the start and indeed was one of the founding members. However I guess like many new organisations there were subsequent differences of opinion and he is now no longer involved.

Edited by Tuscan

My understanding is that he was on the Council right from the start and indeed was one of the founding members. However I guess like many new organisations there were subsequent differences of opinion and he is now no longer involved.

Deja vu - Tom Rolt, IWA and all that !

Edited by David Schweizer

i think the only time you saw john sloans name was on the welcome page whilst it was still being set up, before they had all the council members in place, he was never on the council AFAIK.

The name is still on the ACC Pdf flyer.

Here we have a group of people who have set up an association site. Their members can contact them and receive advice.

Is there a group of people on the CRT council that find this arrangement a bit below them?

Edited by Higgs

Here we have a group of people who have set up an association site. Their members can contact them and receive advice.

Is there a group of people on the CRT council that find this arrangement a bit below them?

There's still stuff on the website (there isn't that much on it - so its easy to find) that indicates he did work for ACC, so he was DEFINITELY involved at some level. Whether he was able to do stuff as a non-council member, or whether he was on whatever the predecessor to today's council, or whether he was on the council itself but has subsequently left; or maybe his name is missed off it, or something - I don't know.

As is the name of Lesley Jordan who is no longer listed as a Council Member, but originally described (along with John Sloan) as a "founding member"

Perhaps they have been elevated to the positions of President and Vice President!! laugh.pnglaugh.png

As is the name of Lesley Jordan who is no longer listed as a Council Member, but originally described (along with John Sloan) as a "founding member"

Perhaps they have been elevated to the positions of President and Vice President!! laugh.pnglaugh.png

A bit of housekeeping is necessary. smile.png In that, I hope they remove cobwebs.

Cotswoldman is probably getting on with boating and I imagine, looking in at this site.

Edited by Higgs