Dangerous new stainless steel water points

Ian Mac

Featured Posts

I'll leave you to it Rod as it's clear that all you want is the last word and I'm as bored with this pointless exchange as no doubt anybody else is that has not yet lost the will to live and is still reading it.

So over to you....

Nothing at all.

Your point being?

so now you are starting a new spat....

topic is....

20130811_094719_zps31dca493.jpg

Yes Matty, and the purpose of your post is what?

Oh to start another spat.

The fact the water points don't maim or kill babies and children has been established BTW.

We have yet to learn how Gaggle's Granddaughter lost her finger tip.

True and as sympathetic as I am to her suffering caused by her injury I am more intrigued by a couple of other members attempts to resurrect an argument that was put to bed, and put to bed with no annimosity.

Very strange.

So where have they put a water point that close to the water's edge? The temptation to tie up to it will be too great for somebody, and they don't look that robust...

They have sited the replacements precisely where the previous ones where located AFAIK.

It would have cost a lot more to move them further away from the edge I reckon.

• 1 month later...

Used one recently, I thought it looked quite nice, it was well designed and practical and best of all I managed it without cutting myself or shutting my fingers in it.

Also I didn't get sprayed by leaky joints and found it a pleasure to not have to work out which way that silly lever should go to get the correct outlet working, I always seem to get it wrong and end up with wet feet.

I reckon we should get more of the antiquated equipment updated and maybe one day we won't have to fight with lock paddle gear that is so knackered it should also have been updated half a century ago.

It is after all 2013 not 1813

I reckon we should get more of the antiquated equipment updated and maybe one day we won't have to fight with lock paddle gear that is so knackered it should also have been updated half a century ago.

It is after all 2013 not 1813

Using that logic, we may as well close down the entire canal system and travel by road. After all, it is so much faster and more modern.

George ex nb Alton retired